Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Federal-premiums-lead-muzzleloader-bullet/

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Muzzleloaders & Blackpowder

DarylSModerator
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Federal-premiums-lead-muzzleloader-bullet/
      27/11/15 09:38 AM

"How about just being honest about not wanting anyone to infringe on your special privilidge that the gov't granted a bunch of whiners who lobbied louder than everyone else."

OK - here it is - truthfully in all honesty.

I had nothing truely against the knight inlines (that's what there was back in the 80's). I thought they were ridiculous and stupid looking - still do. Those were my feelings until a wildlife officer told us, at our Primitive Hunt camp while having a coffee with us, that this was to be the last primitive weapons hunting season due to the bolt actioned, scoped muzzleloading rifles they now saw in most of the road hunters trucks.

He said - "This special weapons hunt was granted as a Primitive Hunt for people using what we considered to be primitive weapons - muzzleloaders or bows and arrows - not bolt actioned, scope sighted rifles that most of our guys can't tell from their Remington 700. Those things are not what we consider to be primitive weapons. Sorry guys, that's the way it is. If everyone was using guns like you guys - they are beautiful, by the way, the season would continue. You guys really know your stuff." - or words to that effect - that was 30 years ago.

On that hunt, I had my 14 bore cap-lock, while Brad was using his SXS Pedersoli Kodiak .58, also a cap-lock, also loaded with round ball while Taylor was using a nice 20 bore flinter of English flavour, again, loaded with round ball. He had built two of the three guns there.

That week, the thermometer did not get above -45F, indeed, it did get down to -50 or a bit lower with quite frosty sparkles in the air(from about -35 on down. That weather is VERY hard on rifle lock springs. Lukily for us, none broke, then then none of us got any shots at moose. It was bloody cold and really noisy crunching through the snow. We saw some nice mule deer bucks and several cow moose with the last spring's calves, but no bulls.
When it's that cold, they are moving and feeding most all day and all night, not laying down much, it seemed.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Federal-premiums-lead-muzzleloader-bullet/ Ripp 09/10/15 12:12 AM
. * * Re: Federal-premiums-lead-muzzleloader-bullet/ DarylSModerator   09/10/15 01:30 AM
. * * Re: Federal-premiums-lead-muzzleloader-bullet/ szihn   09/10/15 01:41 AM
. * * Re: Federal-premiums-lead-muzzleloader-bullet/ DarylSModerator   09/10/15 03:28 AM
. * * Re: Federal-premiums-lead-muzzleloader-bullet/ Ash   26/11/15 11:57 PM
. * * Re: Federal-premiums-lead-muzzleloader-bullet/ szihn   27/11/15 04:08 AM
. * * Re: Federal-premiums-lead-muzzleloader-bullet/ DarylSModerator   27/11/15 04:20 AM
. * * Re: Federal-premiums-lead-muzzleloader-bullet/ CowboyCS   27/11/15 07:08 AM
. * * Re: Federal-premiums-lead-muzzleloader-bullet/ DarylSModerator   27/11/15 09:38 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  DarylS 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2460

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com