Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Double rifles with shotgun barrels

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Double rifles with shotgun barrels
      19/08/14 06:40 PM

I am really a dummkopf. After posting the question I remembered I have one myself.

Probably did not consider it as it is an U/O and not a good one. I was thinking side by sides. Also a different future gun completely.

My double rifle with shotgun barrels, actually also has a second set of DR barrels and two combination sets. I bought the gun with 9.3x74R dr barrels and the shotgun barrels. Then later added the other three sets, a .30-06 dr set, which may get converted to .30 Super one day, just because. And combination sets in 12 gauge and .223 and 7x65R.

The gun is a Tikka 512 SD, the DR open sights on the U/O 9.3x74R are aweful and next to useless. I would like to find something to replace them with. So it wears a scope in Valmet QD mounts. The but stock seems OK with a scope. The dr is a real compromise and not very good but usable. It is actually very accurate. The barrels are self adjustable. I have had a problem with its regulation "changing" in the past, during a hunt, so had to use it as a single shot, with a second barrel for close shots as needed.

It is setup with a single seectable trigger. I have purchased a replacement two trigger setup but it needs to be fitted. The single trigger is quite good. I hope the two trigger setup will not be lesser.

The shotgun barrelled setup is more than fine and it shoots well. U/O configuration. Removable chokes which is versatile and my only shotgun with changeable chokes. The stocking is fine for shotgunning. I dislike the forend, its catch is not good enough, I have had the forend come off while shooting it more than two times.

The other barrel sets are gathering dust. Need some minor fitting. I purchased them to ensure they were in hand. Need a good gunsmith closer to home than interstate. Will check out one SA guy who is said to be good. Usually gunsmiths have long lead times and this gun/rifle is used quite a lot. Have to just bite the bullet and send them off for ## months or # years!

Put together a long list last night of gunsmithing needs and this thread has added two! The double trigger, dr barrel sights and forend catch.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Double rifles with shotgun barrels NitroXAdministrator 16/08/14 06:48 PM
. * * Re: Double rifles with shotgun barrels granhaven   14/10/14 10:08 PM
. * * Re: Double rifles with shotgun barrels NitroXAdministrator   16/10/14 11:39 PM
. * * Re: Double rifles with shotgun barrels Eck   15/10/14 07:52 AM
. * * Re: Double rifles with shotgun barrels bwanabobftw   18/08/14 11:23 AM
. * * Re: Double rifles with shotgun barrels tinker   18/08/14 02:48 PM
. * * Re: Double rifles with shotgun barrels xausa   18/08/14 09:59 PM
. * * Re: Double rifles with shotgun barrels bwanabobftw   19/08/14 09:06 AM
. * * Re: Double rifles with shotgun barrels NitroXAdministrator   19/08/14 06:08 PM
. * * Re: Double rifles with shotgun barrels tinker   20/08/14 12:39 AM
. * * Re: Double rifles with shotgun barrels NitroXAdministrator   20/08/14 06:35 PM
. * * Re: Double rifles with shotgun barrels jaz   20/08/14 09:34 AM
. * * Re: Double rifles with shotgun barrels NitroXAdministrator   20/08/14 06:39 PM
. * * Re: Double rifles with shotgun barrels Igorrock   21/08/14 03:30 PM
. * * Re: Double rifles with shotgun barrels bwanabobftw   20/08/14 10:42 AM
. * * Re: Double rifles with shotgun barrels Waidmannsheil   20/08/14 12:52 PM
. * * Re: Double rifles with shotgun barrels NitroXAdministrator   19/08/14 06:40 PM
. * * Re: Double rifles with shotgun barrels NitroXAdministrator   19/08/14 06:43 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 57 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 5957

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com