Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Gun Ownership In Australia

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Gun Ownership In Australia
      06/02/14 02:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

It sounds like a lot of red tape to me. I guess we in the US had better enjoy what we have while it lasts...

No red tape at all. If you read what I wrote, the scenario is actually quite reasonable. Use the force a person personally feels is necessary to defend themselves. And stick to that scenario. If the same as the actual real situation, then it also means we don't have the dickhead redneck wanker gun nuts shooting everything in sight - out of paranoid "self defense" delusions.

I actually find it amazing how much discussion there is on some forums about the "need to carry firearms for self defense". It is as if some of the nuts are eager and waiting to use firearms in self defense. I remember asking on one forum a decade ago, where 100% of discussion were self defense, concealed carry, how to answer the front door with gun in hand sort of stuff, who actually had a real actual event which required a firearm for self defense purposes and there was a deafening silence from these nutcases.

Some might find it interesting that in Australia the vast majority of police officers never have to draw their handgun even once in actual use (ie not training) during their entire careers. Says something I think.

I however believe firearms should be able to be owned for self defense purposes.

I have drawn a weapon twice for self defense...

Once driving down the road in the middle of the day through a native american reservation..van full of what I presumed to be drunk locals decided to run me off the road after I went by them and they were standing along the highway draining their beer ...cans laying in the grass as I drove by...--they gave chase..I was in a little car..pulled along side of me and kept moving over closer to my lane--I hit the brakes and they went by...they pulled over and I went by--within minutes they were behind me again..at which time I grabbed the Ruger Security Six .357 under my seat and waited ..when they pulled along side..I waived the gun back and forth to make sure the passengers saw it..they picked up speed and I never saw them again..wierd..

ON another occasion during a New Years celebratin on Las Vegas, a gal and I were walking back to our hotel on one of the side streets at about 3AM..3 guys of another race saw us and started jay walking directly toward us..I pulled my handgun from by concealed holster and made sure they saw it..they did an complete about face and headed back from where they came..again wierd...

On another occassion when I was living in ND in the country, an elderly couple about an hour away were killed in their home and had their throats cut. Everyone was in a heightened state of alert..I has spent a few days riding horses with the local law enforcement people checking out abandoned farms etc..nothing..then one night while we were already sleeping..about 2AM..I had the bedroom window open.heard a voice in the trees..awoke my wife and handed her the handgun in the nightstand..I grabbed my AR-15 and walked to the kithen to look outside as the yardlight was on...saw 2 guys coming to the door..they knocked..I flipped on the outside light and told them to step back from the screen door which opened to the outside..I used my right foot to push it open and greeted them with me holding my gun in their general direction..they immediatly put up their hands and said they were drinking and hit the ditch..I had them sit back to back and called my neighbor Chuck..who is a red neck with a high lifted Ford truck..he come down and we pulled them out together just in case..had them ride in the box, not in the cab on the way to their car..I am certain they had a few stories to tell their friends..but hey, better safe than sorry..

I carry often...have taken shooting classes, self defense shooting classes and taking another this spring..BUT, Pray to GOD I never have to shoot anyone EVER...as I am certain it would ultimately be hell in court and otherwise...However if my family is ever threatened by an intruder in my home, given the choice, that POS will be carried out and not walking..had a good friend who was a retired law officer from Florida..he always said better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6..

IMHO, NO goverment has the right to tell you how to defend yourself in your home.

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Gun Ownership In Australia TOBY458 04/02/14 09:29 AM
. * * Re: Gun Ownership In Australia Rule303   04/02/14 07:09 PM
. * * Re: Gun Ownership In Australia NitroXAdministrator   04/02/14 09:59 PM
. * * Re: Gun Ownership In Australia TOBY458   05/02/14 02:47 PM
. * * Re: Gun Ownership In Australia NitroXAdministrator   05/02/14 07:19 PM
. * * Re: Gun Ownership In Australia Ripp   06/02/14 02:23 AM
. * * Re: Gun Ownership In Australia NitroXAdministrator   06/02/14 06:01 PM
. * * Re: Gun Ownership In Australia Ripp   07/02/14 12:15 AM
. * * Re: Gun Ownership In Australia TOBY458   07/02/14 01:21 AM
. * * Re: Gun Ownership In Australia eljefedouble   07/02/14 04:01 PM
. * * Re: Gun Ownership In Australia TOBY458   08/02/14 01:25 PM
. * * Re: Gun Ownership In Australia kamilaroi   08/02/14 09:30 PM
. * * Re: Gun Ownership In Australia underlever   06/02/14 10:18 PM
. * * Re: Gun Ownership In Australia Don   06/02/14 07:52 AM
. * * Re: Gun Ownership In Australia TOBY458   06/02/14 11:08 AM
. * * Re: Gun Ownership In Australia Don   06/02/14 12:59 AM
. * * Re: Gun Ownership In Australia Well_Well_Well   05/02/14 07:00 PM
. * * Re: Gun Ownership In Australia RLI   04/02/14 06:53 PM
. * * Re: Gun Ownership In Australia Claydog   04/02/14 11:29 AM
. * * Re: Gun Ownership In Australia TOBY458   04/02/14 12:05 PM
. * * Re: Gun Ownership In Australia Claydog   04/02/14 12:48 PM
. * * Re: Gun Ownership In Australia Well_Well_Well   04/02/14 06:16 PM
. * * Re: Gun Ownership In Australia Claydog   04/02/14 06:45 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 74 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 5525

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com