Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Video of factory Rem. barrel compared to Lilja custom barrel

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Video of factory Rem. barrel compared to Lilja custom barrel
      31/12/12 07:22 AM

Daryl, I actually had a .17 Rem years ago --their "classic version"...and as you stated..was a nightmare to keep clean.. Having said that--all ofthe Remingtons I have had withthe exception of one..and that is out of probably 20 or more..shoot under an inch and in many cases noticeably better than that... have a .270 synthetic..all factory --and with factory loads shoots at 100yds all holes touching..while I am certainthere are always exceptions, I have been lucky I guess with mine asthey do shoot... I do feel Remingtons quality has suffered inthe past couple of decades...butthen so have many others, not that it makes any of this better...Weatherby is a prime example..I have never had one that shot good ever..maybe its justthe models I tried which weretheir lightweight versions..but one would think for 1400-1800the dang thing would shoot an inch or so..and I have now owned 7..bought a lightweight in .240 this fall--pathetic..took it in to have some work done it ..have not had time to shoot it yet... Then inthe early 90's had a friend who sold sporting equipment ..told methe barrels going on Ruger rifles backthen were costing Ruger about $18, per barrel..and based onthe ones I tried . it showed...thinkthey are better now..butthey sucked backthen... Remington is a working mans rifle as are Ruger, Winchester, etc...and in todays world ..with most, you no longer get what you pay for..so going either custom or semi-custom is always a good option.. Life is too short to have a gun you are not happpy with, IMHO.. Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Edited by Ripp (31/12/12 09:10 AM)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Video of factory Rem. barrel compared to Lilja custom barrel Ripp 19/11/12 09:22 AM
. * * Re: Video of factory Rem. barrel compared to Lilja custom barrel albertan   29/11/12 07:08 PM
. * * Re: Video of factory Rem. barrel compared to Lilja custom barrel Ripp   30/11/12 01:04 AM
. * * Re: Video of factory Rem. barrel compared to Lilja custom barrel aromakr   30/11/12 04:22 AM
. * * Re: Video of factory Rem. barrel compared to Lilja custom barrel chuck375   23/12/12 03:05 PM
. * * Re: Video of factory Rem. barrel compared to Lilja custom barrel albertan   30/12/12 11:16 AM
. * * Re: Video of factory Rem. barrel compared to Lilja custom barrel DarylS   30/12/12 12:17 PM
. * * Re: Video of factory Rem. barrel compared to Lilja custom barrel albertan   30/12/12 06:21 PM
. * * Re: Video of factory Rem. barrel compared to Lilja custom barrel Ripp   31/12/12 07:22 AM
. * * Re: Video of factory Rem. barrel compared to Lilja custom barrel chuck375   03/01/13 09:34 AM
. * * Re: Video of factory Rem. barrel compared to Lilja custom barrel albertan   06/02/13 07:32 AM
. * * Re: Video of factory Rem. barrel compared to Lilja custom barrel DarylS   07/02/13 02:49 AM
. * * Re: Video of factory Rem. barrel compared to Lilja custom barrel tophet1   07/02/13 07:44 AM
. * * Re: Video of factory Rem. barrel compared to Lilja custom barrel DarylS   07/02/13 12:40 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 33 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 6116

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com