Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: How come I have to re- log in every couple of weeks?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

General >> Help desk - IT tips, queries & info

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: How come I have to re- log in every couple of weeks?
      11/07/12 12:30 AM

Quote:

... Most sites ...

I keep reading all these "most sites" yet virtually every every site I visit seems to use different software ...

Problem has been fixed I thought. If the problem is still occurring for some, they may need to look at a solution from their own end ...

From another thread:
Quote:

DoubleD:
Well part of the problem is the soft ware won't let you stay logged in and won't let you auto log in even when you ask to stay logged in and say okay to auto log in.

The software logs you out after a day our two.

It seem every time I want to respond I have to log in.

This is the only board I attend on the net that has the problem.

Seriously, this forum had a 12 day log-out which is now 1,200 days. If it requires a daily re-log in, something is wrong from the users end. We can't fix that. I suspect the user's PC is not set to store or allow cookies properly. Or the user has software set to delete cookies each time they shut their browser or PC. Or their security system is wiping the cookies. This is required for proper use of the forums.

As said numerous times before, the software is due to be upgraded soon. Plus a new ISP. This will take more than a few seconds to login, in total several days work.

Edited: I will re-visit this topic a month after the upgrade and survey if anyone or how many are still having problems. In the meantime, re-login as required, or don't ... nothing else can be done about it.

Time for a different kind of wine I think. Thread closed. Problem fixed on this end at least.

Chill out time I think.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Edited by NitroX (11/07/12 12:58 AM)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* How come I have to re- log in every couple of weeks? Woodbeef 07/07/12 12:14 PM
. * * Re: How come I have to re- log in every couple of weeks? 500Nitro   07/07/12 01:24 PM
. * * Re: How come I have to re- log in every couple of weeks? 450_Ackley   07/07/12 06:12 PM
. * * Re: How come I have to re- log in every couple of weeks? NitroXAdministrator   07/07/12 11:06 PM
. * * Re: How come I have to re- log in every couple of weeks? DoubleD   09/07/12 04:31 PM
. * * Re: How come I have to re- log in every couple of weeks? Woodbeef   09/07/12 09:02 AM
. * * Re: How come I have to re- log in every couple of weeks? NitroXAdministrator   09/07/12 07:58 PM
. * * Re: How come I have to re- log in every couple of weeks? greenshoots   10/07/12 04:29 PM
. * * Re: How come I have to re- log in every couple of weeks? Mike_Bailey   10/07/12 06:39 PM
. * * Re: How come I have to re- log in every couple of weeks? NitroXAdministrator   10/07/12 09:28 PM
. * * Re: How come I have to re- log in every couple of weeks? DoubleD   10/07/12 11:27 PM
. * * Re: How come I have to re- log in every couple of weeks? NitroXAdministrator   11/07/12 12:30 AM
. * * Re: How come I have to re- log in every couple of weeks? greenshoots   11/07/12 12:05 AM
. * * Re: How come I have to re- log in every couple of weeks? DarylS   11/07/12 12:15 AM
. * * Re: How come I have to re- log in every couple of weeks? 500Nitro   07/07/12 11:13 PM
. * * Re: How come I have to re- log in every couple of weeks? NitroXAdministrator   07/07/12 11:48 PM
. * * Re: How come I have to re- log in every couple of weeks? 500Nitro   09/07/12 09:04 AM
. * * Re: How come I have to re- log in every couple of weeks? DarylS   07/07/12 11:10 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 26201

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com