Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: NATIONAL PARKS NEEDS TO STOP POISONING ANIMALS

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Organisations & Associations >> Shooters & Fishers Party

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
NATIONAL PARKS NEEDS TO STOP POISONING ANIMALS
      08/02/12 03:24 AM

MEDIA RELEASE.

07 February 2012.

NATIONAL PARKS NEEDS TO STOP POISONING ANIMALS.

Shooters and Fishers Party MLC, Robert Borsak, says the National Parks and Wildlife Service should dump its helicopter gunships and indiscriminate poisoning approach to feral animal control and adopt more effective practical solutions.

Mr Borsak said that for years the Service has had a haphazard approach to feral animal control, and they cannot tell anyone from year to year just what impact they have had on eradicating the pests.

"Shooting pigs from their helicopter gunships can be as inhumane as it is ineffective, and the use of poison in baiting programs probably kills as many native animals as it does ferals.

"Having been in the Riverina at the weekend, I am aware they have just started a five month baiting program in the Werai group of reserves.

"I'm told it's part of a wider feral pig baiting program, and they've advised people on neighbouring properties and Park visitors, to "keep their kids and animals under supervision" between now and the end of June.

"We believe a properly rolled out program of licensed Game Council conservation hunters , at no cost to the Government, could produce better results by way of reducing feral animal populations than is happening now.

"The formula has worked well in State forests and it's time the Government adopted what it knows is a workable and practical solution, and that is using conservation hunters in National Parks", Mr Borsak said.

Further Information – The Hon. Robert Borsak, 92303059.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* NATIONAL PARKS NEEDS TO STOP POISONING ANIMALS NitroXAdministrator 08/02/12 03:24 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1939

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com