Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Manlicher-Schoenauer Refurbish

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mannlicher Discussion forum & Archive

Tiagra
.224 member

Reged: 16/03/08
Loc: Sechelt, British Columbia
Manlicher-Schoenauer Refurbish
      25/11/11 02:17 PM

This m1903 M-S in 6.5x54 M-S was bought many years ago by a friends grandfather who hunted with it extensively. At some point it was handed to my friends father who also used it for many years. A couple of years ago, the father was busted by the RC MP for shooting crows in a non-shooting area. Apparently the crows were killing his chickens. It turned out that none of the father's rifles were registered nor did the father have a licence. However, the rifles were properly stored. The upshot to all this was the father got one year probation and the offending Cooey singe-shot .22 was destroyed. The other rifles were handed to my friend who has his licence.

A while back, he asked me to tale a look at the M-S to see if I could "clean it up a bit". He told me it was "pretty rough".

Here's a few pictures of "pretty rough".

After looking it over I agreed to refinish the stock and slow rust blue the metal. It was the metal that really had me worried. With all the crap growing on it I figured it would be badly pitted. Such was not the case. After a good cleaning it didn't look so bad.

Any way, here's a few pictures of the finished product.

I wasn't able to get some of the deeper gouges in the stock cleaned up but all in all it turned out pretty good.

--------------------
If It Doesn't Feed, It's Junk

Edited by CptCurl (27/11/11 04:35 AM)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Manlicher-Schoenauer Refurbish Tiagra 25/11/11 02:17 PM
. * * Re: Manlicher-Schoenauer Reburbish NitroXAdministrator   25/11/11 03:59 PM
. * * Re: Manlicher-Schoenauer Reburbish Mike_Bailey   25/11/11 07:51 PM
. * * Re: Manlicher-Schoenauer Reburbish Sarg   25/11/11 03:23 PM
. * * Re: Manlicher-Schoenauer Reburbish tophet1   25/11/11 03:39 PM
. * * Re: Manlicher-Schoenauer Reburbish Tiagra   26/11/11 04:15 AM
. * * Re: Manlicher-Schoenauer Refurbish CptCurlAdministrator   27/11/11 04:35 AM
. * * Re: Manlicher-Schoenauer Refurbish JDL   30/11/11 02:57 AM

Extra information
1 registered and 31 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3646

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com