Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Whats happening people....

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Bowhunting + Bows, Spears & Knives

dstoj
.224 member

Reged: 14/08/04
Re: Whats happening people....
      23/08/04 04:57 PM

Thanks for the Kudos guys; the first picture was taken during a hunt last year. After spying the bull from a distance I placed myself in an ambush positioned as the bull gradually feed towards me. Out of the blue he glanced in my direction and spotted me from about 80 meters. I was confident that was the last I would see of him as most of the bulls we encountered bolted once spooked. As expected the bull bolted though after traveling about 50 meters he about faced and commenced to march in my direction, not having any suitable trees to climb nor rifle backup I wondered why the hell I now found myself in this position. Reaching approx. 20 meters he turned and bolted once again only to turn and pace in my direction yet again.
By this stage I was at my wits end, the whole time the buff had moved in a semi circle from my right when I first encountered him to my extreme left, obviously attempting gain my scent, it was here were a shot opportunity finally presented itself. As the beast quartered away I was able to place an arrow in the short rib, the bull made a quick dash only to travel 40 odd meters and expire in less than a minute. The whole episode lasted 12 minutes and was captured on video.

There are no restrictions as to how many buffalo are taken or when they are hunted, also neither tag nor license fees. Though the hurdle for self guided individuals is gaining access to hunting locations. Alternatively there are many guides located throughout NT that offer guided buffalo hunting.
Are you planning a trip down under IronBuck? If so we have great bowhunting opportunities for many species.
Great to hear you have had good success with your Gold Tips they are a popular arrow amongst many hunters here in Oz.
Cheers.
Here's some more pics enjoy!

A young bull which was passed up.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Whats happening people.... Bakes 09/08/04 09:10 PM
. * * Re: Whats happening people.... AspenHill   16/08/04 10:34 PM
. * * Re: Whats happening people.... dstoj   16/08/04 09:29 PM
. * * Re: Whats happening people.... IronBuck   18/08/04 01:01 AM
. * * Re: Whats happening people.... dstoj   18/08/04 10:39 PM
. * * Re: Whats happening people.... IronBuck   19/08/04 12:35 PM
. * * Re: Whats happening people.... dstoj   19/08/04 11:16 PM
. * * Re: Whats happening people.... IronBuck   21/08/04 11:40 PM
. * * Re: Whats happening people.... dstoj   23/08/04 04:57 PM
. * * Re: Whats happening people.... IronBuck   23/08/04 08:22 PM
. * * Re: Whats happening people.... AspenHill   20/08/04 05:18 AM
. * * Re: Whats happening people.... iqbal   09/08/04 09:37 PM
. * * Re: Whats happening people.... IronBuck   12/08/04 10:39 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2493

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com