Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Intercepting sears on boxlocks, examples to study--QUESTIONS

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

doubleriflejack
.333 member

Reged: 11/11/07
Loc: Oregon, U.S.A.
Re: Intercepting sears on boxlocks, examples to study--QUESTIONS
      25/01/11 07:00 AM

Thanks for all the helpful input. I have finally had a chance to dismantle, and examine closely these intercepting sears. In reality, the intercepting sear, in H & H pattern, parallels the regular sear, but it doesn't engage the tumbler at all(THIS IS A POINT I DIDN'T FULLY COMPREHEND); it is held just off of it by a small amount. So, the regular sear is the only one that has any engagement with the tumbler, NORMALLY, and should it jump out of contact, due to shock from gun being dropped, or from shock of firing other lock, barrel (double discharge), the intercepting sear stops, intercepts, the tumbler from moving forward, from firing the gun. Purdey pattern intercepting sear has a long arm lever that engages tumbler nearer to the top of tumbler. English boxlock intercepting sears, function similar to the H & H pattern, but the parallel sears are within the action body, of course, unlike H & H pattern sidelock. Finally, I now know how these puppies work, and how they look.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Intercepting sears on boxlocks, examples to study--QUESTIONS doubleriflejack 21/12/10 09:13 AM
. * * Re: Intercepting sears on boxlocks, examples to study--QUESTIONS doubleriflejack   25/01/11 07:00 AM
. * * Re: Intercepting sears on boxlocks, examples to study--QUESTIONS new_guy   26/12/10 08:09 AM
. * * Re: Intercepting sears on boxlocks, examples to study--QUESTIONS 4seventy   21/12/10 12:30 PM
. * * Re: Intercepting sears on boxlocks, examples to study--QUESTIONS doubleriflejack   22/12/10 08:28 AM
. * * Re: Intercepting sears on boxlocks, examples to study--QUESTIONS mehulkamdar   22/12/10 09:26 AM
. * * Re: Intercepting sears on boxlocks, examples to study--QUESTIONS Paul   22/12/10 11:58 PM
. * * Re: Intercepting sears on boxlocks, examples to study--QUESTIONS wjw   23/12/10 11:42 AM
. * * Re: Intercepting sears on boxlocks, examples to study--QUESTIONS AkMike   23/12/10 11:52 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 85 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4917

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com