Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: From 'The Hunting Report' Bob Fontana killed

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

DPhillips
.375 member

Reged: 09/10/03
Loc: Alaska
From 'The Hunting Report' Bob Fontana killed
      20/07/04 03:25 AM

I'm sure our Canadian members and friends here know, or know of, British Columbia Guide and Outfitter Bob Fontana.

Bob was killed by a Cape Buffalo while on safari in Tanzania last week. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. Below is the email I received from the Hunting Report.

The Hunting Report has just learned that Canadian outfitter Bob Fontana has been killed by a Cape buffalo in Tanzania while on safari with Luke Samaras Safaris. The fatal accident occurred yesterday in Masailand. The PH who was in the field with Fontana at the time is Paddy Curtis.
"I have spoken with everyone involved by radio," Samaras told The Hunting Report this morning. "And what I understand happened is, they were hunting lesser kudu in a fairly thick area when a buffalo charged from the side. He just came from nowhere. I'm told Paddy Curtis turned and fired at the buffalo and hit it. By that time, however, it had reached Fontana and gored him. It was too late."
Samaras said he did not have any evidence that the buffalo had been wounded previously. "Certainly, neither Fontana nor Curtis had shot it, or shot at it," Samaras said. Fontana was a partner with the Lancaster family in the operation of Nahanni Butte Outfitters. We confirmed that this morning with Stan Lancaster, who urged hunters booked with Nahanni Butte not to panic. "No one needs to worry about his hunt," Lancaster said. "Everything will go smooth despite this tragedy."
Lancaster described Fontana as much more than a business associate. "He was a friend of 20 years," Lancaster said. "I'm just glad he was doing what he loved when this happened."
We will have more about the accident and about Fontana in the August issue of The Hunting Report. In the meantime, our condolences to the family and friends of Bob Fontana. - Don Causey, Editor/Publisher.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* From 'The Hunting Report' Bob Fontana killed DPhillips 20/07/04 03:25 AM
. * * Re: From 'The Hunting Report' Bob Fontana killed NitroXAdministrator   20/07/04 11:50 AM
. * * Re: From 'The Hunting Report' Bob Fontana killed Ingwe   21/07/04 10:57 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2398

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com