Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Building Square Bridge Mauser

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

AiredaleMarine
.224 member

Reged: 30/06/10
Loc: Ohio
Building Square Bridge Mauser
      30/06/10 11:25 PM

This is my very first post, and I know others here will be helpful. I have a VZ 24 action made by CZ-BRNO that I plan to build into a 7x57mm. I haven't done a thing to it yet, and one of the first things I want done is to build it into a double square bridge. There is a post by butchlambert1 with photos in which he refers to Dave Christman as being the smith that did his bridges. Can someone please provide me some contact information for Mr. Christman or for anyone else who is experienced and trustworthy of this work. Are the bridges machined and then welded onto the receiver, or is the receiver built up with filler metal and then machined? I also have a Venezuelan Mauser complete rifle in excellent condition that is already 7x57mm that I could use for this project. Does anyone have any ideas as to which might be the better foundation for this project?

One more thing before I go. I have an opportunity to buy an Oberndorf banner Mauser barreled action in .30-06 for $600. This needs reblued and of course a stock. It shows normal wear, but does not seem to have been abused. There is nothing special about this item yet, but I have two questions. First, did Mauser ever chamber for .30-06, and secondly, is it worth $600. Thank you in advance.

Semper Fi,
Airedale Marine

"The enemy is in front of us, they are behind us, they are to our left and to our right. They can't get away from us this time." Col. Chesty Puller, USMC

--------------------
"The enemy is in front of us, they are behind us. They are to our left and to our right. They can't get away from us this time." Col. Chesty Puller, USMC

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Building Square Bridge Mauser AiredaleMarine 30/06/10 11:25 PM
. * * Re: Building Square Bridge Mauser Grenadier   02/08/10 05:06 AM
. * * Re: Building Square Bridge Mauser 500grains   02/08/10 05:41 AM
. * * Re: Building Square Bridge Mauser mehulkamdar   15/07/10 07:00 AM
. * * Re: Building Square Bridge Mauser butchlambert1   02/08/10 03:37 AM
. * * Re: Building Square Bridge Mauser Huvius   30/06/10 11:32 PM
. * * Re: Building Square Bridge Mauser pjaln   01/07/10 10:44 AM
. * * Re: Building Square Bridge Mauser Riflemanusmc   13/07/10 01:11 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 95 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 11080

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com