Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Filson boot ?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Sporting equipment

ellenbr
.300 member

Reged: 25/08/07
Loc: North Alabama
Re: Filson boot ?
      05/02/10 10:59 AM

I was curious how the price dropped $30 U.S. of A. and I guess it is due to outsourcing. I hadn't thought of checking the product country of origin. I've put 100s of miles on the made in the U.S. of A. Filson boots but can't say on the imports. Both the Highlander and Uplander were quality products with nice pull assists as well as fit. The only gripe I have is that they leak at the upper/lower interface. I sent the 1st pair back and there were a few discussions but they stressed the term "water resistance" not "waterproof". Also after many years the toe cap wears a hole thru the leather at the sides. As far as an upland, non-marsh, boot they are a very good choice with the Highlander having more of a lug sole.

Now if you want a "waterproof" upland with more of a non-lug upland sole, the Wetlander as offer by Orvis cannot be surpassed. I've worn them until the sole is all but gone and they still are waterproof until the water comes of the top. They are worth the funds and to catch them on sale at Orvis or another vendor is icing on the cake. To my knowledge it is made in the U.S. of A.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Filson boot ? Hatari 02/02/10 08:41 PM
. * * Re: Filson boot ? ellenbr   05/02/10 10:59 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1993

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com