Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Seven day safaris ?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

freischuetz
.224 member

Reged: 05/04/04
Re: Seven day safaris ?
      26/05/04 06:24 AM

John

There is nothing wrong with a seven day hunt all I said it is not a safari.
Safaris historically involve a longer trip and include normally a full bag consisting out of least one of each of the legal obtainable species occurring in the area. A short safari was 3 months a normal one 6 months! And then add the travel time ????

Except for the very “lucky” ones no one can afford them anymore. Today we call 21 and 30 days hunts safaris.50 years ago their called them short hunts. ( I been born to late)
Please let not call a 7 day hunt a safari lets be fair to the guys which done them some of them would turn over in their grave if their would be hearing of 7 day safaris.

IMO a seven day hunt for buffalo is normally sufficient if the client is happy with good representative trophy. And he do not have to take the first one he sees, however no one can guarantee he will get a better one later. It’s a chance you have to take, if every one would be honest you could ask your PH and he would give advise. I seen it working out in both direction with elephant and buffalo in particular refuse a nice one and then you have to take the consequences as a "sports" man. I personally would set myself a realistic target and then go for it.
It is unrealistic to aspect a “full bag” for buffalo and six or seven other top quality trophies in a seven day hunt not in a wild, unfenced area hunting in a classical way. Yes I happens once or twice a year.

I do not agree with you that the price is loaded for short hunts actually the opposite is true the package price for a 10 days buffalo package which consist of 8 hunting days and 2 non hunting days is 7000$ if you would book this according to the normal price list you would pay 700$ for each hunting day and 200$ for the 2 non hunting day’s plus the license fee for one buffalo 400$ plus the buffalo trophy fees of 2000$ which cost you a total of 8400$ you save 1400$ with the package! The disadvantage of the package is your limitation to hunt some of other species like cats or sable etc.

And what is 50 km in 7 days? I understand you own a GSP? How many km do you walk with him a day hunting ??? I used to breed gsp's have them since the sixties love to hunt with them. IMO nothing better than a nice bird hunt with a good dog and a light 16ga. S/S.

Come and visit we got plenty pigs to!

--------------------
Time is your treasure use it wisely you can never replace it

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Seven day safaris ? NitroXAdministrator 23/05/04 06:24 PM
. * * Re: Seven day safaris ? freischuetz   25/05/04 04:32 AM
. * * Re: Seven day safaris ? NitroXAdministrator   25/05/04 12:14 PM
. * * Re: Seven day safaris ? freischuetz   26/05/04 06:24 AM
. * * Re: Seven day safaris ? JudgeG   26/05/04 12:56 PM
. * * Re: Seven day safaris ? NitroXAdministrator   26/05/04 02:45 PM
. * * Re: Seven day safaris ? shakari   27/05/04 03:15 AM
. * * Re: Seven day safaris ? mikeh416Rigby   27/05/04 10:40 AM
. * * Re: Seven day safaris ? atkinson6   29/05/04 10:58 AM
. * * Re: Seven day safaris ? NitroXAdministrator   02/06/04 02:26 PM
. * * Re: Seven day safaris ? 470Nitro   02/06/04 08:28 PM
. * * Re: Seven day safaris ? NONE   02/06/04 08:16 AM
. * * Re: Seven day safaris ? Bigfive   26/05/04 12:00 AM
. * * Re: Seven day safaris ? NitroXAdministrator   26/05/04 12:39 AM
. * * Re: Seven day safaris ? shakari   23/05/04 11:07 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2649

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com