Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 'canned' lion charge video

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
Re: 'canned' lion charge video
      30/04/04 03:29 AM

Welcome aboard Minkman, this is a very good website!

I don't know what you mean by "PRARIE DOG GUN" but though the clip is quite jerkey on my computer, I suspect it happened a lot faster in the field! The rifle he is useing is, I suspect a 375 H&H, or one of the WBY mags, with a 3-9x40 scope which is, along with the caliber, common on that type rifle, for lion hunting, usually carried set on 3X.

Most people have no idea how fast a lion can cover 50 yds, even with horrendous wounds. In an all out charge, a lion can cover 50 YDS in less than 4 seconds, and one is lucky to get more than one shot with a bolt rifle. He is hard to put down after he's been hit, and gets his adrenalin up, with any rifle. The only shot that will put him down for the count is one that hits the brain, or spine,or shocks those things suffeciently, to shut down the Centeral nervous system, once he starts. Addionally, he is hard to hit, because of a combination of his lightening speed, and the fact that he is lower than you, and charges in a slight curveing route to you. The angle for sighting is changeing constantly, both for lead, dirrection, and elevation. Many of the old hands at lion hunting of old, would drop to their knees when charged by a lion. This took away one of the angles by puting the rifle on the same elevation as the lion, leaving only lead to deal with. The elevation staying the same from a ON THE KNEES shot, throughout the charge.

Even on a canned lion "SHOOT", it is still dangerous when the lion decides to get nasty. A fence is no draw back to the lion getting on you, uless it is between him, and you! In this case, if it is a canned hunt, it almost turned out in the lion's favor!

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way, in favor of canned hunts of any kind, but the fact it is, being canned doesn't take the danger away, when lion are the target!

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* 'canned' lion charge video Lynx 12/04/04 01:07 PM
. * * Re: 'canned' lion charge video 475Guy   13/04/04 09:55 AM
. * * Re: 'canned' lion charge video Gibbs505   13/04/04 12:21 PM
. * * Re: 'canned' lion charge video 475Guy   13/04/04 12:26 PM
. * * Re: 'canned' lion charge video Gibbs505   13/04/04 12:29 PM
. * * Re: 'canned' lion charge video atkinson6   17/04/04 07:18 AM
. * * Re: 'canned' lion charge video GringoCazador   17/04/04 08:50 AM
. * * Re: 'canned' lion charge video DUGABOY1   20/04/04 07:31 AM
. * * Re: 'canned' lion charge video Minkman   29/04/04 06:42 AM
. * * Re: 'canned' lion charge video DUGABOY1   30/04/04 03:29 AM
. * * Re: 'canned' lion charge video Bigfive   26/05/04 12:15 AM
. * * Re: 'canned' lion charge video 470Nitro   26/05/04 06:39 PM
. * * Re: 'canned' lion charge video Bigfive   01/06/04 07:22 PM
. * * Re: 'canned' lion charge video NitroXAdministrator   26/05/04 12:57 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3128

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com