Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Odd Looking

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Building Double Rifles & Gunsmithing

WCF
.275 member

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: georgia
Odd Looking
      14/06/08 04:27 AM

Yesterday while hunting hogs, I met a gentlemen who presented with a Savage Model 24 (formally a combo gun) over and under rifle. The gentlemen explained the gun was originally a 30-30 Win over a 20 ga. The shotgun barrel was cut ahead of the chamber and a duplicate rifle barrel was sleeved into the monobloc. Both rifle barrels were chambered for 30-40 Krag. A Ruger quarter rib had been fitted and installed and a two leaf express sight was cut in and fitted to the rib. The front sight was a band type with a sourdough type blade. Between the barrels at the muzzle was what appeared to be a simple block. The gun had a Weaver K1.5X scope with post crosshair and an unknown brand of scope rings, the lowest that I have ever seen. The stock and forearm had been reworked to an extremely slim profile and a recoil pad fitted. The rifle barrles had practically no taper. I didn't shoot it but the gentlemen gladly gave us a demonstration at 100 yards, four inch group off the back of my truck 3U/3L. By the way, the gun has a hammer that you have to cock each time. Just something different to write about I suppose. Sorry for the rambling

wcf

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Odd Looking WCF 14/06/08 04:27 AM
. * * Re: Odd Looking mickey   24/06/08 03:29 PM
. * * Re: Odd Looking bigmaxx   24/06/08 10:30 PM
. * * Re: Odd Looking WCF   25/06/08 03:25 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 377

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com