Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Plainsgame in South Africa.

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

pinotguy
.275 member

Reged: 03/02/07
Loc: CO
Plainsgame in South Africa.
      13/03/08 05:24 AM

So I've begun the research process for my first hunting safari in Africa. So far, I've managed to narrow down the species I'd like to try and take. However, I've kind of hit a snag at this stage as I am unsure as to who book with and where to go. Here is the list of species (in order of preferance):

- Tsessebe
- Bontebok
- Nyala
- Red Lechwe
- Limpopo Bushbuck
- Vaal Rhebuck

It seems like RSA would be the most logical location but all of the outfitters I've looked at don't offer these six animals. Of course, I've seen 4-5 but the sixth one always seems to not be included. First question - Can anyone here make some specific recommendations on who to contact about the animals listed? From what I've been able to gather, all but the Red Lechwe are indigenous to RSA, and in some weird way, this fact matters to me. In other words, I find trying to hunt animals in their original habitat range appealing and would take that into account when booking.

Second question - Is there another African country that may offer these six animals? I believe I could find all six in different countries, but would prefer not to have to deal with the added hassles that accompanies crossing borders. I would not mind travelling within one country. I've come to the conclusion that a certain degree of travel will be necessary as some of these species are only found in certain parts of RSA.

Third question - Would I be out of line in asking for some sort of documentation or evidence on the "pedigree" of an outfitters Bontebok herd? I have seen/read multiple accounts of some less-than-scrupulous (sic) outfitters crossing Blesbok with Bontebok and passing them off as pure. Along these lines, what should I look for as far as verifying a pure strain?

Fourth question - What would be a realistic length of stay for hunting these six species? The amount of travel to concesssions would definitely play a role but I'm curious as what would be reasonable. I do not wish to pressure the PH or myself by not booking enough days.

Thanks in advance for any assistance and information.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Plainsgame in South Africa. pinotguy 13/03/08 05:24 AM
. * * Re: Plainsgame in South Africa. NitroXAdministrator   14/03/08 11:30 AM
. * * Re: Plainsgame in South Africa. NitroXAdministrator   13/03/08 01:36 PM
. * * Re: Plainsgame in South Africa. NitroXAdministrator   14/03/08 11:10 AM
. * * Re: Plainsgame in South Africa. NitroXAdministrator   14/03/08 11:20 AM
. * * Re: Plainsgame in South Africa. Bramble   14/03/08 11:55 AM
. * * Re: Plainsgame in South Africa. 375fanatic   14/03/08 07:54 PM
. * * Re: Plainsgame in South Africa. pinotguy   14/03/08 11:33 AM
. * * Re: Plainsgame in South Africa. AspenHill   13/03/08 05:38 AM
. * * Re: Plainsgame in South Africa. tophet1   13/03/08 01:15 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 24 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2094

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com