Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Need some project advice (Big pics warning)

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

tkv000
.300 member

Reged: 02/01/08
Loc: Canada
Re: Need some project advice (Big pics warning)
      02/03/08 02:42 PM

I bought my engraved Brno 375 H&H from Mark at tradex (private sale, one of his personal rifles) and I have a 458 Lott Winchester Mod 70 on its way, purchased from a fellow gunnutz guy, theres just something about the 416 Taylor that intrigues me, not sure what it is, but its on my must have list. I also have an idea of the stock shape that I would like, guess I just want a more personal rifle, that I can have a hand in, even if its just picking the sights and wood, I don't care if I have to have it built, I'd just like to learn some of the trade. I really like the Brno ZKK 602's, so I'll keep an eye out for one of those at the gunshow, if that doesn't materialize perhaps I'll buy a new CZ 550 and have it rebarreled, but that doesn't help with getting the stock shape I want (pictured below) and a nice stick of wood (though a guy on this forum posted a pick of his new safari classic and its spectacular.

Thats the shape and grade of wood I want. Not sure what that style of cheek piece is called, its sort of like the weatherby mark V, which I've always liked.

Is the Husky a "commercial mauser"? I've heard the term being used, but I'm not sure what that means, and I couldn't find much info on them online.

--------------------
"…and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him,"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Need some project advice (Big pics warning) tkv000 02/03/08 08:12 AM
. * * Re: Need some project advice (Big pics warning) DarylS   02/03/08 01:37 PM
. * * Re: Need some project advice (Big pics warning) tkv000   02/03/08 02:42 PM
. * * Re: Need some project advice (Big pics warning) Bramble   02/03/08 01:59 PM
. * * Re: Need some project advice (Big pics warning) Bramble   02/03/08 09:25 AM
. * * Re: Need some project advice (Big pics warning) tkv000   02/03/08 11:22 AM
. * * Re: Need some project advice (Big pics warning) Bramble   02/03/08 12:14 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3049

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com