Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Nakihunter
.375 member

Reged: 13/10/07
Loc: New Zealand
Re: Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels
      27/01/08 10:17 PM

Daryl Thanks for the advise. I'll bed the recoil lug - I use Acraglass or Bisonite. Yes, I have free floated & glass bedded a few rifles with some great results. I screwed up on a Sako once & learn't even more! With this one I plan to just bed the recoil lug at this stage. I might free float it as well - but I want to keep shooting it after bedding the recoil lug to see how she performs. The best glass bedding jobs cost about US $75 here. Din Collings is my favourite though he is past 80. He has a huge network of knowledgable friends & customers including Steve Hornady, Roy Weatherby & Mr. Musgrav - all of whom have visited him at his shop in Wellington over the years. Din is currently fixing a Brownell's butter knife bolt & new bases / rings on my 1903 Greek Mannlicher Schoenauer. I'll post pictures of that rifle after I have it finished.

--------------------
Always shoot through the target & not just at it.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels Nakihunter 27/12/07 05:34 PM
. * * Re: Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels NE450No2   25/01/08 05:48 AM
. * * Re: Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels Nakihunter   25/01/08 01:18 PM
. * * Re: Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels DarylS   26/01/08 02:51 AM
. * * Re: Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels 88MauSporter   26/01/08 04:24 AM
. * * Re: Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels buckbrush   26/01/08 05:00 AM
. * * Re: Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels Nakihunter   26/01/08 09:26 AM
. * * Re: Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels DarylS   27/01/08 05:27 AM
. * * Re: Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels Nakihunter   27/01/08 10:17 PM
. * * Re: Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels DarylS   28/01/08 09:08 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 40 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3106

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com