Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Nakihunter
.375 member

Reged: 13/10/07
Loc: New Zealand
Re: Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels
      26/01/08 09:26 AM

Thanks guys. Daryl, you are awesome mate. I'll shout you a NZ beer!

You can see the rifle on my thread "Simson 9.3X62 - my new toy"

The stock is a new English walnut that was done by a guy who worked at H&H in the 80's. He duplicated the original Simson stock & moved the cheek piece up for using a scope. The rear steel tube has been shortened. The recoil lug is not bedded but has a good bearing on the stock. There is also a small lug on the barrel but the screw for this has not been used in the new stock as the original floral steel bit on the stock was damaged while drilling out the rusted screws. If that screw is put on, the barrel might shoot closer to the bore sight (but I won't bother).

The base & rings are Tasco / Hilver / Lynx - made in Australia. The photo shows the steel post on which the rings lock. The front right screw for the ring is 1 mm out & the rear left screw for the rear ring is also 1 mm out. The other two screws are correspondingly in. So I presumed that the scope was pointing right of the bore line. The rings are low cost but strong & reliable.

--------------------
Always shoot through the target & not just at it.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels Nakihunter 27/12/07 05:34 PM
. * * Re: Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels NE450No2   25/01/08 05:48 AM
. * * Re: Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels Nakihunter   25/01/08 01:18 PM
. * * Re: Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels DarylS   26/01/08 02:51 AM
. * * Re: Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels 88MauSporter   26/01/08 04:24 AM
. * * Re: Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels buckbrush   26/01/08 05:00 AM
. * * Re: Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels Nakihunter   26/01/08 09:26 AM
. * * Re: Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels DarylS   27/01/08 05:27 AM
. * * Re: Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels Nakihunter   27/01/08 10:17 PM
. * * Re: Accuracy of full length ribbed & octagon to round barrels DarylS   28/01/08 09:08 AM

Extra information
1 registered and 103 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3245

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com