Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: ferlach guns

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
Re: ferlach guns
      16/02/04 05:13 AM

In reply to:

It may well still be a collaboration of craftsmen who turned out the final product.

I would say it is almost certain that the rifle was a colaberation effort!

Almost all, if not all, other than Guild guns,which must be made in it's intirity, by one man, are made by a team.

There is usually an barrel man,who does the ruogh fitting of the barrels together, and an action man who does the primary joining of the barrels to the action by the the smoke, and file fitting. A stock man who is the wood fitter, and finisher, Then the rifles are sent to the regulator who regulates the barrels to the load. The rifle then goes back to the to the barrel fitter, who finishes the rib joining, and cards, and does the primary polish of the steel, and installs the final sights. The rifle then goes back to the regulator to file in the sights. When that is finihed, the wood is final fitted to the steel,the rifle is disassembled, and the steel finished,UNLESS engraveing is needed! If that is the case, the steel goes to the engraver. The stock is given it's final fitting to the steel, it's final finish by the stock man, The rifle,is then, given back to the regulator to check the rifle out for final approval, and to shoot in the test target that will accompany the rifle to it's new owner! An average of 400 man hours of very skilled labor is why the rifle has a price tag, that is higher than the price of my first new home, bought in 1956, even for a working double rifle! It is a wonder to me why they are not more expensive that they are!

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* ferlach guns chrispie 15/02/04 02:28 AM
. * * Re: ferlach guns DUGABOY1   15/02/04 07:20 AM
. * * Re: ferlach guns luv2safari   15/02/04 05:46 PM
. * * Re: ferlach guns DUGABOY1   16/02/04 05:13 AM
. * * Re: ferlach guns luv2safari   16/02/04 10:55 AM
. * * Re: ferlach guns DUGABOY1   17/02/04 03:49 AM
. * * Re: ferlach guns chrispie   15/02/04 08:09 AM
. * * Re: ferlach guns luv2safari   15/02/04 03:03 AM
. * * Re: ferlach guns 475Guy   15/02/04 04:34 AM

Extra information
2 registered and 94 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3609

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com