Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Modern designs

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Muzzleloaders & Blackpowder

Plains99
.300 member

Reged: 10/11/04
Loc: Dodge City, Kansas, USA
Re: Modern designs
      27/10/07 12:20 AM

Kansas has the same problem. Number of deer hunters seem to have maxed out so they are allowing more deer on a tag and are bringing in out of state hunters. So now we have large prime No-hunting areas tied up by outfitters catering to the fat wallet crowd. Can't blame Wildlife and Parks because they have to manage the exploding deer population but in some ways it has backfired in spite of liberal walk-in hunting programs. I'm allowed to take as many as five whitetails in my unit... a buck and as many as four doe tags so I get to hunt a lot and always fill the freezer with meat, but during the mid-September muzzleloader season I very seldom run into any one else hunting. Two reasons for this, IMHO. One is a hunter safety education system that until recently prevented a lot of kids from experiencing hunting and we lost a lot of potential hunters. That has changed and we can now let kids hunt with us on "learner permits." That will stir up interest I believe. The other is the timing of the early muzzleloader season. A lot of guys don't want to fight the bugs, heat, sweat and weeds to hunt deer. A later season would encourage muzzleloading.... except that the bow hunters would cause a stink cause it would get into their time. I've hunted with muzzleloaders for over 30 years and in spite of all the fancy claims and marketing hype, most muzzleloaders perform on a level with a .30-30 or a .45-70 depending on the load and caliber. I like hunting in November with open sight and receiver sight .30-30's for the challenge so I normally leave the muzzleloaders at home any more. But I wouldn't feel unduly handicapped if I was limited to a muzzleloader cause they do the job quite well.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Modern designs Tatume 15/10/07 05:57 AM
. * * Re: Modern designs Plains99   15/10/07 11:35 PM
. * * Re: Modern designs Tatume   16/10/07 01:52 AM
. * * Re: Modern designs Dphariss   23/10/07 03:36 PM
. * * Re: Modern designs Tatume   24/10/07 12:16 AM
. * * Re: Modern designs Plains99   24/10/07 01:19 AM
. * * Re: Modern designs mehulkamdar   24/10/07 11:19 AM
. * * Re: Modern designs Plains99   27/10/07 12:20 AM
. * * Re: Modern designs Tatume   07/01/08 01:00 AM
. * * Re: Modern designs mehulkamdar   17/10/07 10:50 AM
. * * Re: Modern designs Plains99   16/10/07 02:32 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  DarylS 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2328

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com