Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Modern designs

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Muzzleloaders & Blackpowder

Plains99
.300 member

Reged: 10/11/04
Loc: Dodge City, Kansas, USA
Re: Modern designs
      24/10/07 01:19 AM

This is always the controversy over inline versus primitive, smokeless muzzleloaders versus conventional. In Kansas the regs do not allow smokeless powder muzzleloaders (or more precisely the use of smokeless powder) during black powder season. Probably just as well cause it helps prevent these types of confrontations... but we still have the primitive sidelock boys unhappy with the inline boys presenting the same arguments I've seen here.
Have to agree with Tatume here. As long as the regulations allow his rifle, he is free to use it and has the right. We can challenge the legislation but don't go after each other because we are playing into the hands of gun control groups and these arguments can be twisted. I have both primitive sidelocks and inlines and during our early season the surrounding cover and high temps limit shot opportunities anyway and I wouldn't feel handicapped hunting strictly with primitive, black powder muzzleloaders. Sometimes I use them and sometimes inlines. Really it doesn't make much difference. Open sights only is more of a limiting factor than which gun I use.
And of course the lack of an immediate backup shot... except in Kansas we can use double barrel muzzleloders in the early season and I consider that to be a big advantage over single shots. So, I guess I could challenge their use if I wanted to make a stink. But I won't.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Modern designs Tatume 15/10/07 05:57 AM
. * * Re: Modern designs Plains99   15/10/07 11:35 PM
. * * Re: Modern designs Tatume   16/10/07 01:52 AM
. * * Re: Modern designs Dphariss   23/10/07 03:36 PM
. * * Re: Modern designs Tatume   24/10/07 12:16 AM
. * * Re: Modern designs Plains99   24/10/07 01:19 AM
. * * Re: Modern designs mehulkamdar   24/10/07 11:19 AM
. * * Re: Modern designs Plains99   27/10/07 12:20 AM
. * * Re: Modern designs Tatume   07/01/08 01:00 AM
. * * Re: Modern designs mehulkamdar   17/10/07 10:50 AM
. * * Re: Modern designs Plains99   16/10/07 02:32 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  DarylS 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2328

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com