Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Arra's fishing photos - a small fish!

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Fishing

ARRA
.224 member

Reged: 18/09/03
Loc: Riverina,NSW,AUST
Re: Arra's fishing photos - a small fish
      09/02/04 05:29 PM

Nitro
Thanks very much,i'll learn one day.

A few mates and myself have been fishing the Bermagui Blue Water Classic held every Australia Day long weekend for 6 years now and are used to catching striped and black marlin to about 150kg but this mako shark was another thing altogether.

We found it feeding on a dead striped marlin and didn't it get pissed off when we took it's meal off it.There is a door in the transom(the blunt end of the boat)that we pulled the dead marlin into and the shark wouldn't let go.With the sharks head at the door way the boats engines were gunned and we moved forward enough to make the shark let go.I'm sure it would had come into the boat if we didn't move!It took three and a half hours to get close to the boat so we could gaff it,then all hell broke loose.Didn't it go off. We tail roped it and towed it backward for an hour to drown it.Thats the only way you can kill them with out a gun.The shark beat the Burmagui Big Game Anglers Club 80lb gear record of 252 kg set in 1987 by 33kg for a male angler (the female record is 366 kg!!!!!)The club has been going since 1936 and once had the legendary Zane Gray as a member.This is only Graemes 3rd game fish.If I hadn't taken him fishing it could have been my fish The things we do for mates !!!!
I thought some of you O/Seas members might like to see and hear about some of the "Dangerous Game" us down under hunters chase.Actually I think the world record came from US waters.

ARRA

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Arra's fishing photos - a small fish! Photos 08/02/04 03:07 AM
. * * Re: Arra's fishing photos - a small fish! wharf   09/01/05 09:49 AM
. * * Re: Arra's fishing photos - a small fish! ARRA   12/01/05 10:49 AM
. * * Re: Arra's fishing photos - a small fish! DPhillips   14/01/05 11:31 AM
. * * Re: Arra's fishing photos - a small fish ARRA   09/02/04 05:29 PM
. * * Re: Arra's fishing photos - a small fish! NitroXAdministrator   09/02/04 07:55 PM
. * * Re: Arra's fishing photos - a small fish! ARRA   10/02/04 08:34 AM
. * * Re: Arra's fishing photos - a small fish! 475Guy   28/03/04 03:54 AM
. * * Re: Arra's fishing photos - a small fish! NitroXAdministrator   01/01/05 03:12 PM
. * * Re: Arra's fishing photos - a small fish! mikeh416Rigby   21/01/05 01:13 AM
. * * Re: Arra's fishing photos - a small fish! DPhillips   05/01/05 11:54 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4073

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com