Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Help With Location for First African Hunt

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

taw1126
.333 member

Reged: 24/07/07
Loc: Texas
Help With Location for First African Hunt
      14/08/07 05:19 AM

Your chance to “tell me where to go”…I’m looking for some help selecting the location for my first African hunt. Keep in mind that right now I’m in the research stage, planning to book for 2009, and I’m so uneducated in all of this that I don’t even know if the animals I’d like to hunt can be found in the same general area.

The list of animals I’m really interested in hunting is pretty short and I bet fairly common: kudu, zebra, warthog, cape buffalo (budget allowing), bushpig, and gemsbok.

The list of “would probably hunt them if available” animals includes eland, lechwe, wildebeest, waterbuck, and leopard.

I’m not interested in hunting from a lodge- I’d much prefer a remote camp of some sort. Also, while I don’t want the travel accommodations to dictate the hunting, I’d give some consideration for ease of getting to the final destination from a commercial air travel standpoint (my experience in hunting the continental U.S. is that more airlines and/or more flights = exponentially more likelihood that your guns either arrive late or don’t arrive at all…maybe African travel is different).

Lastly, some consideration must be given to the fee structure for licenses and trophy fees. It seems that some locations require you to buy licenses/tags for any animal you want to hunt before the hunt itself starts (like we do in the U.S.) and others allow you to pay trophy fees only on animals that you’ve actually killed (or wounded). If possible, I’d like to avoid getting raped on government taxes/fees for animals, firearms, etc.

I’m sure I know just enough to not know anything…please help me start zeroing in on some locations to research further.

Thanks,
Trey

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Help With Location for First African Hunt taw1126 14/08/07 05:19 AM
. * * Re: Help With Location for First African Hunt NitroXAdministrator   15/08/07 02:57 PM
. * * Re: Help With Location for First African Hunt TerryR   12/09/07 04:50 AM
. * * Re: Help With Location for First African Hunt Charles_Helm   14/08/07 12:49 PM
. * * Re: Help With Location for First African Hunt taw1126   15/08/07 12:57 AM
. * * Re: Help With Location for First African Hunt Savuti_One_Shot   15/08/07 11:41 AM
. * * Re: Help With Location for First African Hunt Ripp   14/08/07 10:48 AM
. * * Re: Help With Location for First African Hunt AspenHill   14/08/07 10:47 AM
. * * Re: Help With Location for First African Hunt hoppdoc   14/08/07 07:17 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 35 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2429

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com