Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Clearing US customs on transit to Canada

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Clearing US customs on transit to Canada
      12/08/07 11:05 PM

SO this is the story--in the September 2007 issue of Sports Afield magazine there is an article on Traveling to foreign countries --is also has a side bar in stating what travelers have to do when visiting or traveling through the US..I am going to attempt to type the article for your review--

US Gun Import Rules
Most American hunters have no idea what foreign hunters who come here to hunt have to do in order to bring their own rifles. According to the ATF Website, the relevant documents is the ATF Form 6N1A, which must be filled out in duplicate aned submitted to the ATF at least SIX TO EIGHT WEEKS before the scheduled travel. If approved, the ATF issues a permit which the hunter must have with him upon arrival at the border. The foreign hunter will also have to show a copy of a valid hunting license from a US State or evidence that he will be attending a showing event or hunting trade show.

MORE ONEROUS ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR HUNTERS ATTEMPTING TO TRAVEL THROUGH THE USA WITH A FIREARM TO HUNT IN ANOTHER COUNTRY.--FOR EXAMPLE A CANADIAN FLYING FROM MONTREAL TO NEW YORK TO JOHANNESBURG. EVEN IF HE CHECKS HIS RIFLE THROUGH TO JOHANNESBURG, A DSP-61 TEMPORARY IMPORT LICENSE IS REQUIRED FOR THE US LEG OF THE JOURNEY, AND THIS LICENSE CAN ONLY BE APPLIED FOR BY SOMEONE REGISTERED AS AN EXPORTER WITH THE STATE DEPARTMENT. THIS REQUIREMENT MAKES IT EXTREMELY DIFFICULT FOR FOREIGN HUNTERS TO TRANSIT THE USA WITH FIREARMS.

This is what was written in the sidebar article..while I can not attest to the accuracy, they are usually accurate in their articles.. I would definitely get on the ATF web site and check this out and possibly reach someone who could confirm and possibly assist in your travels.

Let me know if you want me to help in any way and I will see what I can do--I plan to call my booking agent here in the US to see what he has to say about all of this..

Hope this helps-

Thx

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Clearing US customs on transit to Canada deerhunter 01/08/07 12:52 AM
. * * Re: Clearing US customs on transit to Canada AkMike   02/09/07 12:20 PM
. * * Re: Clearing US customs on transit to Canada TOP_PREDATOR   04/09/07 07:12 PM
. * * Re: Clearing US customs on transit to Canada DoubleD   05/09/07 02:56 AM
. * * Re: Clearing US customs on transit to Canada Ripp   12/08/07 01:49 AM
. * * Re: Clearing US customs on transit to Canada deerhunter   12/08/07 10:37 AM
. * * Re: Clearing US customs on transit to Canada Ripp   12/08/07 11:05 PM
. * * Re: Clearing US customs on transit to Canada deerhunter   12/08/07 11:45 PM
. * * Re: Clearing US customs on transit to Canada Ripp   13/08/07 01:02 AM
. * * Re: Clearing US customs on transit to Canada deerhunter   13/08/07 08:06 AM
. * * Re: Clearing US customs on transit to Canada NitroXAdministrator   13/08/07 01:24 AM
. * * Re: Clearing US customs on transit to Canada DarylS   13/08/07 03:32 AM
. * * Re: Clearing US customs on transit to Canada deerhunter   13/08/07 08:07 AM
. * * Re: Clearing US customs on transit to Canada Double_Trouble   15/08/07 12:29 AM
. * * Re: Clearing US customs on transit to Canada deerhunter   15/08/07 09:20 AM
. * * Re: Clearing US customs on transit to Canada DarylS   14/08/07 12:02 AM
. * * Re: Clearing US customs on transit to Canada DoubleD   11/08/07 12:28 PM
. * * Re: Clearing US customs on transit to Canada AdamTayler   11/08/07 05:44 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 80 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3990

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com