Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Paul Demas DR

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Showbart
.224 member

Reged: 07/12/06
Re: Paul Demas DR
      07/07/07 02:58 PM

Most stated so far is correct. I'll take it from here to say that I've handled 2 Verney Carron rifles, by Demas, at the Griffin & Howe table at the Houston Safari Club convention this year. I fell for them at first sight on the G&H website and drove from Austin to Houston to feel the rifles. In my limited double experience, but more extensive gun experience, I felt that they were fantastic and worth the $15K price tag. But because I've studied and once spoke some French I also knew, that for now, one could be had for alot less money. I contacted VC and they put me on to G&H and Kebco as having more rifles on order. I wasn't going to pay G&H's price so I contacted Kebco. VC USA is the actual importer for all VC guns even though G&H and Kebco are importers too. It's just easier paperwork for VC that way. VC USA was barely helpful with Demas products but if you speak French and more importantly know gun (double) terminology in French then VC USA will import whatever you want after you order from VC in France. Of course larger orders get you a better price. So VC USA is not the go to company to order a gun. Use Kebco or G&H.

To some extent there may be some very small risk in these guns. They are not known here nor, I think, in Africa. That's another reason I restrained myself and didn't buy G&H's 500 or 470. Cautious investing. And the chance to put one thru the paces. Time won't ever catch up to allow for hunt reports from the bush. It think they'll perform very well. If you must have one right now G&H still has the 470. (Why I don't know!) It's a pimped out beauty that some impatient well moneyed fella should buy. If you're a working man, like me, google Kebco and buy a rifle from him. You'll save some money. There's only more basic models available. Some of us were able to configure ours early on. They came in 450/400, 470, 500 AND...577!! There's a couple/few smaller guns left, no 577's. These guns are on par quality wise with Heym and better than Searcy. Merkel and Chapuis can't compare. Aesthetically they are above all these mentioned. I think they are comparable to Thys and Dumoulin and therefore most English guns as well. Price on these guns will go up some real soon. After a time they will cost much more I think. The 577's were an incredible deal but unproved as Demas has never made one before now. I can't wait for my 470. They are due in the fall with the 450/400's due last. I'm ditching a Merkel 470 ejector on order.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Paul Demas DR Kalunga 04/06/07 01:12 AM
. * * Re: Paul Demas DR Chasseur   04/06/07 05:38 AM
. * * Re: Paul Demas DR dnovo   05/06/07 10:31 PM
. * * Re: Paul Demas DR Singh   06/06/07 04:39 AM
. * * Re: Paul Demas DR new_guy   07/06/07 10:39 PM
. * * Re: Paul Demas DR Showbart   07/07/07 02:58 PM
. * * Re: Paul Demas DR BigFiveJack   31/07/07 03:47 PM
. * * Re: Paul Demas DR gathumper   20/07/07 07:11 AM
. * * Re: Paul Demas DR gathumper   30/07/07 10:53 AM
. * * Re: Paul Demas DR Chasseur   06/06/07 03:54 AM

Extra information
1 registered and 50 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 6645

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com