Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Botswana Leopards, Crocs and Elephants

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

shakari
.400 member

Reged: 09/02/03
Loc: South Africa
Botswana Leopards, Crocs and Elephants
      27/06/07 06:24 AM

Hi Folks

We just got back from the Tuli Block Botswana and I thought some of you might enjoy a pic of the Leopard we took there. A short summary of the hunt is we hung 6 baits and within 48 hours had 6 strikes. We sat 3 times and rejected all 3 cats as not being quite large enough. In total we identified 16 separate Leopards. One particular cat was a real hit and run merchant but looked by his spoor to be very big indeed…….. this was the one I wanted and eventually on the 12th night of the hunt, we got him on the bait and he fell to a beautifully placed shot from the client and my .404. This cat measured 17 inches on the skull measurements and was just under 10 foot round the curves.

We get either 1 or 2 Leopard permits a year for this area and as 2 of the neighbours are cattle farmers, - The cats here get very big on the good diet as can be seen by the pic of the Leopard carcass. – Check out the amount of fat on it. The area has a higher Leopard population than anywhere I’ve ever seen. It also has a huge problem with Elephant damage. (see pics below) While we were there, we spoke to the game department and if you book in 2007 for 2008, we have the following offer.

Book at least a 10 day plains game hunt at US$490 per day 1x1 or US$400 per hunter per day 2x1, or a 14 day Leopard & plains game hunt for US$650 per day 1x1 (plus US$2000 Leopard licence) and you can also take a PAC Elephant or Elephants for US$5000 per Elephant. (We currently have 15 Elephant available to hunt) If you don’t shoot an Elephant, you don’t pay the US$5000.

As is usual on my Elephant hunts, we only take mature bulls. – No cows, calves or adolescents will be taken unless in life threatening circumstances. Trophy fee prices are all available on the Botswana page of my website.

As a bit of additional fun, you can also join me (FOC) in my latest bit of lunacy of catching crocs on a rod and line if you wish……. It’s GREAT fun and they fight like nothing you’ve ever seen before. My largest to date (grassed) is about 2.5 metres long, and the biggest hooked about 3.5 metres long….. he took 250 yards of line and kept going with it……..but there are bigger flatdogs there……..

Those clients who have already booked one of our 7 day PAC Elephant hunts in Botswana have the option to change their booking to one of these hunts if they wish. – We’ll be contacting those guys to offer them the choice in the next few days.

As we go to Tanzania in a few days, please forgive us if we don’t reply to your e-mail enquiries immediately.

--------------------
Steve "Shakari" Robinson
Kuduland Safaris (Africa) Ltd
info@kuduland.com
www.kuduland.com

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Botswana Leopards, Crocs and Elephants shakari 27/06/07 06:24 AM
. * * Re: Botswana Leopards, Crocs and Elephants xausa   30/06/07 03:28 AM
. * * Re: Botswana Leopards, Crocs and Elephants shakari   30/06/07 04:09 AM
. * * Re: Botswana Leopards, Crocs and Elephants shakari   01/07/07 12:59 AM
. * * Re: Botswana Leopards, Crocs and Elephants armbar   01/07/07 02:08 PM
. * * Re: Botswana Leopards, Crocs and Elephants shakari   01/07/07 03:35 PM
. * * Re: Botswana Leopards, Crocs and Elephants armbar   02/07/07 03:05 PM
. * * Re: Botswana Leopards, Crocs and Elephants NitroXAdministrator   27/06/07 02:37 PM
. * * Re: Botswana Leopards, Crocs and Elephants shakari   27/06/07 03:58 PM
. * * Re: Botswana Leopards, Crocs and Elephants SAHUNT   27/06/07 04:36 PM
. * * Re: Botswana Leopards, Crocs and Elephants NitroXAdministrator   27/06/07 11:36 PM
. * * Re: Botswana Leopards, Crocs and Elephants shakari   28/06/07 12:49 AM
. * * Re: Botswana Leopards, Crocs and Elephants SAHUNT   28/06/07 03:41 AM
. * * Re: Botswana Leopards, Crocs and Elephants Bramble   28/06/07 05:09 AM
. * * Re: Botswana Leopards, Crocs and Elephants shakari   28/06/07 05:36 AM
. * * Re: Botswana Leopards, Crocs and Elephants NitroXAdministrator   29/06/07 02:02 PM
. * * Re: Botswana Leopards, Crocs and Elephants shakari   29/06/07 03:33 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2772

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com