Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Overhaul or new engine

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Sporting equipment

4seventy
Sponsor

Reged: 07/05/03
Loc: Queensland Australia
Re: Overhaul or new engine
      03/02/04 10:15 AM

iqbal,
If the "low mileage" replacement engine is an import engine from Japan I'd be a little wary.
These engines have often done a lot more running time than their kilometers actually indicate as often they have been used in heavy stop start Japan congested traffic situations and that is the reason that they have been removed from the original vehicle in the first place.
If on the other hand the engine has come from a local "wrecked" vehicle showing 25,000 klm then it may be ok.
Regarding overhauling your engine I would say that it all depends on how much care, experience and quality of workmanship goes into the reconditioning job.
If you have an engine rebuilder who is known to do the job properly and not try to shortcut anything, the overhauled engine should be ok.
When it comes down to making a decision, I'd rather have an engine that was put together by the factory than one that was rebuilt by an engine shop unless you know for certain that the engine shops work is of the same standard as the factory.
hth

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Overhaul or new engine iqbal 02/02/04 09:41 PM
. * * Re: Overhaul or new engine 4seventy   03/02/04 10:15 AM
. * * Re: Overhaul or new engine iqbal   04/02/04 02:45 AM
. * * Re: Overhaul or new engine tunofun   14/05/05 01:43 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1982

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com