Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Cow ele charge on bowhunter client

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
Re: Cow ele charge on bowhunter client
      12/06/07 03:04 AM

Quote:

Ripp, I too have thought the same exact thing as NITROX puts forth. My personal opinion is that his question should not be treated as rhetoric but as a legitimate question, and answered as such. I have no problem with bow hunters being backed up with a rifle, but why aren't bow hunters backed up with a bow? The reason is obvious , and the fact that it is obvious is just one of those things that might support the antihunters in the minds of many non-hunters IMO.

I agree with Ripp, the answer as to why , is obvious, where dangerous game is involved. Still, in the USA if a person is being guided for anything durring a bow season, the guide is not allowed to have a firearm in the field, regardless of what animal is being hunted. The way the game people get around this, there is no bow only season on dangerous game in North America, that I'm aware of! SO!, the question doesn not apply, unless the bow hunter is hunting, with as bow,durring a rifle season, or a any weapon season, as in Alaska. There a bow hunter is allowed to have a firearm with him while hunting with a bow, but there is no bow only season there. The reason for this is obvious as well, because a bow can't be relied on to STOP, anything that wants to get to you to do bite&scratch!

I have no problem with any hunting that is legal, for the area where it takes place. That is a cultureal call, not hunting ethic, that incumpuses us all, everywhere! The hunting from a tree stand over a game trail between bedding areas, and food source is no different from hunting in a hide over places where game pass no matter why he is going there, be it food, water,or bedding areas! This includes food that was placed in that particular spot to attract a game animal. There is no guarintee the animal will come there simply because you think it should. If you don't believe that ask any serious Leopard, or bear hunter!

.................Just one opinion, and not binding on anyone here or elsewhere!

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Cow ele charge on bowhunter client NitroXAdministrator 18/05/07 02:23 PM
. * * Re: Cow ele charge on bowhunter client shatter   11/06/07 05:29 AM
. * * Re: Cow ele charge on bowhunter client AspenHill   18/05/07 10:03 PM
. * * Re: Cow ele charge on bowhunter client Ripp   11/06/07 12:43 AM
. * * Re: Cow ele charge on bowhunter client 9.3x57   11/06/07 02:10 AM
. * * Re: Cow ele charge on bowhunter client DUGABOY1   12/06/07 03:04 AM
. * * Re: Cow ele charge on bowhunter client 9.3x57   13/06/07 12:59 AM
. * * Re: Cow ele charge on bowhunter client Ripp   11/06/07 03:46 AM
. * * Re: Cow ele charge on bowhunter client NitroXAdministrator   18/05/07 10:30 PM
. * * Re: Cow ele charge on bowhunter client Michael   18/05/07 04:05 PM
. * * Re: Cow ele charge on bowhunter client hoppdoc   18/05/07 09:04 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 55 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1954

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com