Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Jumbo Kills Two British Tourists

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Jumbo Kills Two British Tourists
      27/03/07 05:29 PM

Zimbabwe: Jumbo Kills Two British Tourists

The Herald (Harare)
March 26, 2007
Bulawayo

TWO British tourists were killed and another seriously injured when an elephant charged at them while on a safari hunt in the Hwange National Park on Saturday, police said yesterday.

The Officer Commanding Matabeleland North Province, Senior Assistant Commissioner Edmore Veterai, confirmed the incident.
Africa 2007

"I can confirm that two people were killed and one was injured. We are investigating to see if there was an act of negligence on the part of the tour guides. The company is assisting the police with investigations," he said.

The injured tourist was rushed to United Bulawayo Hospitals where he is receiving treatment.

Parks and Wildlife Management Authority Matabeleland North provincial warden, Mr Tawanda Gotosa, would not provide details, only saying the two were killed when an elephant charged at them.

"They were in the company of a tour guide. I do not know yet how they were killed as I am still gathering more information," he said.

Mr Gotosa said although tour guides are supposed to move around with weapons to protect tourists, the incident could have happened so fast that the guide could not take action. "I am not sure what action was taken by the guide but it is possible that the elephant could have charged so fast and suddenly that there was no chance for the guide to react," he said.

Mr Gotosa said his department had launched an investigation into the attack.

The names of the deceased had not been released by last night.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200703260902.html

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Jumbo Kills Two British Tourists NitroXAdministrator 27/03/07 05:29 PM
. * * Re: Jumbo Kills Two British Tourists NitroXAdministrator   27/03/07 05:36 PM
. * * Re: Jumbo Kills Two British Tourists EzineAdministrator   28/03/07 04:39 AM
. * * Re: Jumbo Kills Two British Tourists hoppdoc   27/03/07 10:46 PM
. * * Re: Jumbo Kills Two British Tourists NitroXAdministrator   28/03/07 12:58 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 97 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1356

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com