Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: To coin the phrase - the Big XXX of Australia

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: To coin the phrase - the Big XXX of Australia
      26/03/07 11:42 PM

The reason I would not personally include Wild Boar is that they are about the most common of game species right around the world.

If you include the African species ie warthog and bushhog, they exist virtually everywhere except for the Far North or Antartic. Inadditon most Aussie "boars" are not true wild boars by any sense. How would the most "wild" razorback compare to a huge Russian Wild Boar? European wild boar show their true genes so much more clearly than any Aussie feral pig I have seen (personally or in photos). No comparisons.

Boar while great to hunt are also not a great challenge. Boar if some sort of rating of danger was apportioned though would be far more dangerous than sambar or camels both of which would be virtually nil. Except if environmental factors were included such as desert hunting or mountain hunting.

Just some comments for the discussion.

Wild Camels I believe are unique to Australia.

Camels also look "big".

So who here has a camel "trophy"? What do you take as a camel "trophy"? Skin? Shoulder mount? Photos? Full mount?

Yes Gryphon, that is why I included the sambar. As everyone has!

It doesn't improve their standing to knock all the other species whenever the chance arises. If a species can't stand on its own four feet without negativity then something somewhere is a problem! As I asked for "Big Five" (or "Six") I don't understand the negativity.

Borish! (ie a pun on the above paragraphs)

Just some thoughts.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* To coin the phrase - the Big XXX of Australia NitroXAdministrator 23/03/07 06:11 PM
. * * Re: To coin the phrase - the Big XXX of Australia duggaboybuff   24/03/07 08:16 PM
. * * Re: To coin the phrase - the Big XXX of Australia Marrakai   24/03/07 10:56 PM
. * * Re: To coin the phrase - the Big XXX of Australia 500Nitro   23/03/07 06:29 PM
. * * Re: To coin the phrase - the Big XXX of Australia ALAN_MCKENZIE   23/03/07 11:33 PM
. * * Re: To coin the phrase - the Big XXX of Australia lapua   24/03/07 11:34 AM
. * * Re: To coin the phrase - the Big XXX of Australia gryphon   24/03/07 06:59 AM
. * * Re: To coin the phrase - the Big XXX of Australia 500Nitro   24/03/07 07:03 AM
. * * Re: To coin the phrase - the Big XXX of Australia gryphon   25/03/07 08:43 AM
. * * Re: To coin the phrase - the Big XXX of Australia ALAN_MCKENZIE   25/03/07 11:41 PM
. * * Re: To coin the phrase - the Big XXX of Australia NitroXAdministrator   26/03/07 11:42 PM
. * * Re: To coin the phrase - the Big XXX of Australia gryphon   28/03/07 02:07 AM
. * * Re: To coin the phrase - the Big XXX of Australia ALAN_MCKENZIE   28/03/07 12:12 PM
. * * Re: To coin the phrase - the Big XXX of Australia NitroXAdministrator   28/03/07 02:45 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3445

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com