Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Double Rifles at upcoming auction!

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

hobbyguymaine
.224 member

Reged: 03/02/07
Loc: Maine USA
More info Double Rifles at upcoming auction!
      15/03/07 03:04 AM

ITEM 56 - Lovely Two Barrel Austrian Over Under Rifle Shotgun Combination Set
serial #10060 28 ga./.30-30 Win. 28 ga. barrels are 26” ventilated rib, choked a light full and light modified with excellent bores, and are ejector equipped. The .30-30 barrels are 23 1/2" with excellent bores, they are extractor equipped. Originally proofed in 1960 with the rifle barrels, the shotgun barrels were maker fitted in 1964 and are so proofed, as is the gun’s frame. Both sets of barrels are maker marked on the rib, and retain about 98-99% original blue. The frame is a French gray and features nice scroll with game scene engraving and makers name on belly of gun. The checkered European walnut, pistol grip buttstock has a nice rounded cheek piece with shadowline and capped pistol grip and is nicely panel checkered; the forends are three-piece and are also nicely checkered. The wood rates about excellent overall showing only minor dings and dents from light use. The front trigger is single set, the gun is factory equipped with sling swivels, the rifle barrels wear simple elegant open sights atop a full-length solid rib. Lockup is excellent, length of pull to the grooved hard rubber buttplate is 14", with drop at comb of 1 3/8" and 2 3/8" at heel. The pistol grip has a diamond shaped monogram plate, which is currently engraved with the initials HBP. An absolutely lovely Austrian built rifle and shotgun two barrel set, in very desirable chamberings, with super dimensions.

ITEM 65- Fine London Double Hammer Rifle by J. Lang & Co. Ltd.
serial #5367, 500 express caliber, 27" barrels with bright excellent bores. This is a Jones under lever actioned rifle with graceful back action locks each of which feature fine scroll engraving and are engraved "J. LANG & Co. Ltd.". The frame and lever, as well as top of action, also feature the same fine scroll in light to moderate coverage. The barrels retain 97% quality restored blue finish with barrel markings being quite light. The action and locks bear a pleasing smooth gray mix of patina with some faded original case color. The checkered pistol grip buttstock and forend rate excellent having been very nicely refinished with freshened checkering; stock features shadowline cheek piece, steel shotgun butt plate with checkered center and iron grip cap. Rifle features a 14 3/8" length of pull and points beautifully. A nice London hammer double in a caliber suitable for most North American big game.

Well, as interesting as it looks, and since it's been 25-30 years since I've done bidding wars (and won twice!, without losing my shirt) ... but, I really can't spare the $35- for the auction catalog, much less laying credit card and my life (not me honey!) on the line, guess I'll pass on attending, and on that Sat. (maybe back on Sun. even) go to the Lewiston,ME gun show instead, only a 20min drive + 15mins looking for parking. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a 3rd early prod. Garcia Rossi 20ga hammer double (but 26" brls finally), or another 12ga., or the scarcest - a tiny framed 410! Boy, this first project, the 20ga/30-40 is finally about to take off if I can get up to Judson's shop Mon. to short chamber and face my barrel blanks, and then down to my brother's place in 3 wks to cut off the shotgun barrels and ream & tap the remaining monoblock, thd & fit my barrel blanks, and accomplish whatever else time permits. Once I return home I'll start prepping for final barrel assembly/soldering, and eventually loading up some bluepills and proof firing!

Good luck if anybody bids, Joe(hobbyguymaine)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Double Rifles at upcoming auction! hobbyguymaine 15/03/07 01:57 AM
. * * Re: Double Rifles at upcoming auction! hobbyguymaine   25/03/07 11:16 PM
. * * Re: Double Rifles at upcoming auction! Pilgrim   26/03/07 03:31 AM
. * * More info Double Rifles at upcoming auction! hobbyguymaine   15/03/07 03:04 AM
. * * Re: More info Double Rifles at upcoming auction! Pilgrim   15/03/07 07:12 AM
. * * Re: More info Double Rifles at upcoming auction! CptCurlAdministrator   15/03/07 07:16 AM
. * * Re: More info Double Rifles at upcoming auction! BigFiveJack   15/03/07 01:02 PM
. * * Re: More info Double Rifles at upcoming auction! 470evans   26/03/07 12:32 AM
. * * Re: More info Double Rifles at upcoming auction! 500Nitro   26/03/07 04:32 AM
. * * Re: More info Double Rifles at upcoming auction! BigFiveJack   26/03/07 12:41 PM
. * * ?Double Rifle winning bids at last wknd's auction? hobbyguymaine   30/03/07 09:55 PM
. * * Re: ?Double Rifle winning bids at last wknd's auction? Pilgrim   31/03/07 12:24 AM
. * * Re: ?Double Rifle winning bids at last wknd's auction? Pilgrim   31/03/07 08:09 AM
. * * Re: ?Double Rifle winning bids at last wknd's auction? AzGuy   31/03/07 09:45 AM
. * * Re: ?Double Rifle winning bids at last wknd's auction? Pilgrim   31/03/07 10:57 AM
. * * Re: ?Double Rifle winning bids at last wknd's auction? hobbyguymaine   31/03/07 11:54 PM
. * * Re: More info Double Rifles at upcoming auction! tinker   26/03/07 01:13 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 197 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4540

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com