Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Pressure issues, and understanding DR limitations?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Building Double Rifles & Gunsmithing

Bramble
.375 member

Reged: 29/07/06
Loc: England
Re: Pressure issues, and understanding DR limitations?
      04/03/07 01:24 PM

You cannot simply convert LUP, CUP and PSI one to the other, let alone base CUP thrust which is what the English doubles used in proof. I nearly drove myself crazy looking for definitive data.

As far as selling these conversions, the old English doubles had their max loading in bullet weight and charge stamped on the actions. So stamp a very conservative loading as max and if somebody buys it later and exceeds this then it is their look out. Most people for example know about 45-70 in spingfields as opposed to Ruger No1's and the very different loadings for each.

At the end of the day I would have to take the build it, enjoy it, and get a relative to throw it in a river when you die, if you are worried view, because in the final event how much money are wa talking about, the cost of a good set of car tyres a nice holiday, not fortunes.

Regards

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Pressure issues, and understanding DR limitations? hobbyguymaine 03/03/07 04:07 PM
. * * Re: Pressure issues, and understanding DR limitations? Bramble   04/03/07 01:24 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 682

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com