Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 338 FOR AFRICAN PG-NORTH FORK OR A FRAME???

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

allenday
.333 member

Reged: 18/04/04
Re: 338 FOR AFRICAN PG-NORTH FORK OR A FRAME???
      05/02/07 04:11 AM

I have used both North Fork and Swift A-Frame bullets in Africa with excellent results. You really can't go wrong with either one of them. Experiment with both makes and go with the one that shoots best out of your rifle -- it's that simple.

Last year I used 225 gr. Swift A-Frames in my 338 Win. Mag. on African game including Livingston's eland, greater kudu, blue wildebeest, nyala, bushpig, common waterbuck, etc, etc, and basically just about everything went down right now. Bullet performance couldn't be faulted in any way, and I've never used a better plainsgame bullet in all the years I've been hunting Africa. My hunting partner used the same exact 225 gr. Swift A-Frame load in his 338 Win. Mag. on the same safari with nearly identical, totally reliable and consistent results.

For example, I had a fleeting, almost impossible shooting opportunity on a very fine kudu bull that was moving away from us through a mopane forest, and he was about 200 yds. away by the time I was set up for the shot. Finally, I had his left shoulder in the scope as he moved between trees, and I pressed the trigger. He went down instantly, from all appearances, as soon as the rifle went off, and my PH couldn't keep track of what happened in his binoculars. The 225 A-Frame hit him right behind the left shoulder, busted everthing up inside, and was found just under the hide in front of the right shoulder. That bull didn't even know what hit him, and this was very typical performance.

My hunting partner had a now-or-never shot at an enormous old "blue-bull" eland at last-light one evening, and this shot was over 250 yds., and at an almost going-away angle. Tough shooting! But at the shot that huge eland went only a few yards and was found piled-up, stone-dead. My partner and his PH estimated that the recovered Swift A-Frame had penetrated something over 40", which is, in the real world, just about all you can expect from anything short of a solid.

Such performance speaks for itself...........

AD

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* 338 FOR AFRICAN PG-NORTH FORK OR A FRAME??? hoppdoc 05/02/07 12:28 AM
. * * Re: 338 FOR AFRICAN PG-NORTH FORK OR A FRAME??? allenday   05/02/07 04:11 AM
. * * Re: 338 FOR AFRICAN PG-NORTH FORK OR A FRAME??? bulldog563   16/02/07 04:06 PM
. * * Re: 338 FOR AFRICAN PG-NORTH FORK OR A FRAME??? vapodog   16/02/07 04:39 PM
. * * Re: 338 FOR AFRICAN PG-NORTH FORK OR A FRAME??? jro45   21/02/07 03:18 AM
. * * Re: 338 FOR AFRICAN PG-NORTH FORK OR A FRAME??? Ripp   10/03/07 12:22 AM
. * * Re: 338 FOR AFRICAN PG-NORTH FORK OR A FRAME??? jro45   12/03/07 03:40 AM
. * * Re: 338 FOR AFRICAN PG-NORTH FORK OR A FRAME??? DM   10/03/07 02:00 PM
. * * Re: 338 FOR AFRICAN PG-NORTH FORK OR A FRAME??? hoppdoc   11/03/07 10:12 AM
. * * Re: 338 FOR AFRICAN PG-NORTH FORK OR A FRAME??? Savuti_One_Shot   05/02/07 03:20 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 42 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3352

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com