Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Beretta or Sabatti slug gun?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Shotguns

Yogi000
.333 member

Reged: 02/03/06
Loc: New York, USA
Re: Beretta or Sabatti slug gun?
      27/01/07 04:47 AM

I chose the Brignoli over the Sabatti based upon my assessment that the Brignoli was superior in craftmanship over the sabatti. Granted, the Brignoli was also about twoce the money. yet the Sabatti seems to be a 'good' gun. I would share the previous posters sentiments that the Beretta is superior to the sabatti as well. Although not having shopped for a double Beretta I have not handled one or scrutinized it.

I am now on the quest to make my own hardened round ball slugs that fit my bores. I just ordered a .724 round ball mould for my .724 double bores. I am banking on improved accuracy and with hardening of the RB's then improved penetration as well. From excellent advice provided to me from people on this forum and other hunters, I am confident I can make a double barrel 12 gauge a confident dangerous game hunter... matching the slugs to the bores is a key ingredient. hardening of the slugs or even machining very nose heavy TC "boolits" from BRASS or copper solids could also be extremely hard whacking dangerous game slugs.

Whether you choose the Sabatti or the Beretta I would actually measure the BORE sizes. And, if you want max accuracy and max lethalness of the gun, it seems to me shooting slugs that either come near the bore size or slugs with carriers to match the bore size this is a realistic way to keep the slug true down its journey through your barrels resulting in point of aim accuracy (provided of course your gun is regulated for that slug).

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Beretta or Sabatti slug gun? 260rem 08/07/06 05:51 AM
. * * Re: Beretta or Sabatti slug gun? Chasseur   26/01/07 01:45 PM
. * * Re: Beretta or Sabatti slug gun? Yogi000   27/01/07 04:47 AM
. * * Re: Beretta or Sabatti slug gun? JusticeTrimble   16/07/07 08:29 AM
. * * Re: Beretta or Sabatti slug gun? smicha6551   16/07/07 11:44 PM
. * * Re: Beretta or Sabatti slug gun? Yogi000   04/01/08 05:09 AM
. * * Re: Beretta or Sabatti slug gun? DarylS   04/01/08 06:28 AM
. * * Re: Beretta or Sabatti slug gun? Yogi000   05/01/08 04:17 AM
. * * Re: Beretta or Sabatti slug gun? Yogi000   26/01/07 08:56 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 5644

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com