Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: BLASER S 2 LUXUS

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
Re: BLASER S 2 LUXUS
      08/12/06 03:15 PM

The expendature required to buy a dependable double rifle, that may well stand between you, and oblivion, is a substansual one, and should not be tendered lightly! Addtionally, the features included in this package can make the choice a good one, or a one that could very well get you killed!

It seems obvious to me that a double rifle chambered for a cartridge like the 470NE is most likely entended for use on dangerous game, and at face to face distance, as a stopper! When a rifle is to be used as a stopper, the thing must be made as idiot proof as is posible! Anything that constitutes more moves than absolutely necessary, is a draw back to effecient operation, and comes under the listing headed as , K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid), as a impedament that is undesireable!

IMO, the Blazer is not well suited to the KISS clasification! Unlike the Krieghoff, the Blazer has the be cocked after each reload, because it has an automatic safety that cannot be disconnected. The Krieghoff re-cocks the action when the rifle is fired, and broken open to reload, and unless the cocking button is set to SAFETY (actually de-cocked)it will fire without further manipulation! This means if you fire one or both barrels of the blazer, at a chargeing buffalo, and have to reload, then one MUST remember to push the so-called SAFETY forward again before the rifle will fire! In a tight sittuation, this could mean the difference between stopping the Buff, and getting a horn up your crotch! Shooters seem to get a little rattled when a big Bull gets close and hasn't gone down to the first two shots!

Things like auto safeties, have gotten people killed before, and the auto is to be disconnected on any rifle used for a DGR, if the owner knows what is in his best interest! Ohter things like single triggers on double rifles, which take away the "TWO SINGLE SHOT RIFLES ON THE SAME STOCK" that makes the double rifle the totally reliable tool it is designed to be, if it breaks in any way! The O/U configuration is another in a DGR double is clumsey to reload quickly, and that negates it as a DGR, IMO, but doesn't apply here!

As others have said, the choice belongs to the one that will be standing behind the rifle in a tight spot, so It is not up to me to dictate what others buy or use! Use what you want, but be willing to live or die with that choice!

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* BLASER S 2 LUXUS lapua 06/12/06 08:32 AM
. * * Re: BLASER S 2 LUXUS JohnK   06/12/06 11:33 AM
. * * Re: BLASER S 2 LUXUS lapua   07/12/06 04:28 AM
. * * Re: BLASER S 2 LUXUS hoppdoc   07/12/06 06:01 AM
. * * Re: BLASER S 2 LUXUS 400NitroExpress   07/12/06 06:58 AM
. * * Re: BLASER S 2 LUXUS JohnK   07/12/06 08:03 AM
. * * Re: BLASER S 2 LUXUS DUGABOY1   08/12/06 03:15 PM
. * * Re: BLASER S 2 LUXUS Chasseur   07/12/06 07:58 AM
. * * Re: BLASER S 2 LUXUS 500Nitro   06/12/06 07:58 PM
. * * Re: BLASER S 2 LUXUS JohnK   06/12/06 08:35 PM
. * * Re: BLASER S 2 LUXUS 500Nitro   08/12/06 09:43 PM
. * * Re: BLASER S 2 LUXUS NE450No2   09/12/06 05:33 AM
. * * Re: BLASER S 2 LUXUS lapua   10/12/06 11:03 AM
. * * Re: BLASER S 2 LUXUS Grizzly   06/12/06 10:05 PM
. * * Re: BLASER S 2 LUXUS 400NitroExpress   06/12/06 09:32 AM
. * * Re: BLASER S 2 LUXUS 500grains   06/12/06 09:16 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 53 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2931

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com