Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Cross Bow for a rookie

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Bowhunting + Bows, Spears & Knives

Double_Trouble
.375 member

Reged: 27/04/06
Loc: Canada
Re: Cross Bow for a rookie
      07/12/06 11:24 PM

no prob NitroX,,, like i said, i did my homework and i'm happy.
Excalibur offers one model higher than the one i purchased with a velocity of 350 FPS but i almost popped a nut trying to draw the string back, as it is, i purchased the cocking aid for the one i bought. i would reccomend the cocking aid for two reasons; one is the relative ease of effort ( it cuts the required amount of energy by 50%) and secondly, if used correctly, it assures that the string is drawn back perfectly straight... a critical element in accuracy.

I had never shot one of these before and i was impressed as hell... the fibre optic sight on this thing jumps out at you and what you see is what you get.

i would venture to guess that on a windless day and bench shooting that a 2" group at 30 yds would be attainable.

that deal on the compound bows stinks.... it's just sometimes better to shut the hell up and let a sleeping dog lie.

If you still have a crack at getting one .... grab it while you can is my suggestion. I am quite sure that this thing is capable of taking down whatever you point it at!

i will say this though, i am used to walking while hunting with a rifle and this is not the easiest thing to walk through bush with and will take some getting used to as there is a lot of stuff that gets hung up in the tall grass and tag alders.

gonna find me a good stump and wait on a buck or racoon or squirrel or fox or coyote or some damn thing and drill it!

or maybe just sit at the petrol depot on the hood of my chopped '68 Ford Galaxie 500 with it tucked up under my black leather duster and wait on that weird lookin' cat in the one seat ultra light chopper and take him out ,,,, Mad Max indeed! lol

DT

--------------------
Double Trouble,
Speak not of what you do not know.
Listen up when it's time to.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Cross Bow for a rookie Double_Trouble 27/09/06 11:49 PM
. * * Re: Cross Bow for a rookie GG375   07/12/06 05:07 AM
. * * Re: Cross Bow for a rookie Double_Trouble   07/12/06 05:35 AM
. * * Re: Cross Bow for a rookie NitroXAdministrator   07/12/06 02:19 PM
. * * Re: Cross Bow for a rookie Double_Trouble   07/12/06 11:24 PM
. * * Re: Cross Bow for a rookie larcher   14/12/06 06:21 PM
. * * Re: Cross Bow for a rookie NitroXAdministrator   14/12/06 07:56 PM
. * * Re: Cross Bow for a rookie Double_Trouble   14/12/06 11:51 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2323

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com