Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: definition, please.

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
Re: definition, please.
      03/11/06 02:38 AM

In reply to:

I know what "regulation" is for double rifles. I have come upon the term "semi-regulated" (Pedersoli) but no satisfactory definition. Anyone?
Thanks,
Pete

The description "NOT REGULATED" posted here is not quite accurate. "SIMI-REGULATED" means the rifle barrel sets was soldered together in a jig. This sometimes works perfectly, and sometimes not. Even when it doesn't work perfectly, it is closer than simply soldering them side by side! I own a couple of Pedersolis, and have fired several others, both with factory chamberings, and re-chambered ones, and I've found them to never be far off tight regulation. Of course I simply could have been lucky! My first one was a Trail Guns Armory Pedersoli Kodiak 45-70 that was the 134th rifle made. It was ordered two years before they were available to the public. It cost $900 USD. It regulated both barrels in a 2" group @ 100 yds with Winchester 350 gr ammo, and placed the bullets the same with my Ruger No 1 load that was fairly hot, in the same group with 400 gr bullets. That rifle was re-chambered to 458 RCBS, and full house loads still print 2" groups at 100 yds! The widest group I've experienced with a Pedersoli is 4 1/2" for four shots at 100 yds with 400 gr bullets in handloads, but factory ammo shot to point of aim,and a little tighter, with a group 1" less in size.

The barrels are left quite heavy, and that is one reason the rifles shoot fairly well with the barrels soldered in a jig, the front weight dampens the muzzle flip some what. They are hard to re-regulate, because they are Silver Brazed together, not soft soldered.

The newer ones are better finished than the old origenals. These rifles were commisioned by the late Col. Mike Powasnic, owner of the now defunct TRAIL GUNS ARMORY of League City, Texas, back in the early 80s. The rifles are a replica of the 1878 Colt double rifle.

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* definition, please. darkgael 02/11/06 02:31 AM
. * * Re: definition, please. DUGABOY1   03/11/06 02:38 AM
. * * Re: definition, please. tinker   03/11/06 05:59 AM
. * * Re: definition, please. tinker   02/11/06 04:29 AM
. * * Re: definition, please. Double_Trouble   02/11/06 04:33 AM
. * * Re: definition, please. darkgael   02/11/06 05:39 AM
. * * Re: definition, please. clark7781   03/11/06 02:50 AM
. * * Re: definition, please. darkgael   04/11/06 09:12 AM
. * * Re: definition, please. clark7781   04/11/06 09:57 AM
. * * Re: definition, please. darkgael   08/11/06 02:23 AM

Extra information
1 registered and 229 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2552

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com