Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Have we lost sight of the reason and fun of DR's

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

gatsby
.375 member

Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: inland valley CA USA
Re: Have we lost sight of the reason and fun of DR's
      19/09/06 05:33 AM

500 Nitro,
Lost sight of the reason and fun, me no! I sometimes can't believe how much wonder and pleasure an inanimate object can give. The power of these old guns is truley astonishing. The care taken in every step of assembly and manufacture. I have been told that if originally owned by the noble or elite, the Kings, princes and Nizams probably had little regard for their weapons as they were just another of many possesions. Now a great deal of them have fallen into the hands of the truely appreciative, caregivers and admirers. Give me a 8 or 10 dram gun that will shoot into a pie plate at 50 to 100yds over a synthetic 1/2moa gun. Who has owned them, where have they been? I often think about the artisans who made these guns, did they, would they have any idea that their creations would still be in use 100 years later. What would they think to find out that the gun they had made for some count had found its way to the low deserts of CA. for use on pigs and chukar or was/will still be on its way to Africa? No I haven't lost sight of the reason I own these guns. I just hope the next owners value them and get as much pleasure from them as I have.

--------------------
"Recoil is insignificant when there is a tiger on the head of your elephant" The Maharaja of Cooch Behar

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Have we lost sight of the reason and fun of DR's 500Nitro 18/09/06 08:16 AM
. * * Re: Have we lost sight of the reason and fun of DR's Chasseur   21/09/06 04:30 AM
. * * Re: Have we lost sight of the reason and fun of DR's DUGABOY1   20/09/06 07:44 AM
. * * Re: Have we lost sight of the reason and fun of DR empirevr   20/09/06 08:29 AM
. * * Re: Have we lost sight of the reason and fun of DR NitroXAdministrator   21/09/06 01:17 AM
. * * Re: Have we lost sight of the reason and fun of DR's gatsby   19/09/06 05:33 AM
. * * Re: Have we lost sight of the reason and fun of DR's ozhunter   19/09/06 07:22 PM
. * * Re: Have we lost sight of the reason and fun of DR's foxfire   19/09/06 12:34 AM
. * * Re: Have we lost sight of the reason and fun of DR's Rusty   19/09/06 01:41 AM
. * * Re: Have we lost sight of the reason and fun of DR's tinker   18/09/06 03:46 PM
. * * Re: Have we lost sight of the reason and fun of DR's CptCurlAdministrator   18/09/06 09:32 AM
. * * Re: Have we lost sight of the reason and fun of DR's hoppdoc   18/09/06 10:33 AM
. * * Re: Have we lost sight of the reason and fun of DR's WVFRED   18/09/06 08:30 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 105 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2922

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com