Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Beretta 471 Silver Hawk problem...

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Shotguns

EricD
.416 member

Reged: 27/02/04
Beretta 471 Silver Hawk problem...
      08/09/06 06:27 PM

Hi Guys,

I've had a Beretta 471 Silver Hawk in 20/76 that started having a hard time ejecting cases after a few hundred shots. With various makes of rounds, and both with 70mm and 76mm cases. So I started checking it over, and eventually saw that there is a gap in the action where the water table meets the standing breech (as seen where the red ring is in the picture below). If you hold it up to the light, you can see straight thru to the other side. No other shotgun I own, or have owned have ever had such a gap. To me, this looks like it's "off face". And as the gun has had a total of maybe around 800 rounds thru it, there's no way it should be like this as far as I can tell.

The gun was sent in to the importer, who then sent it in to their gunsmith. The gunsmith told them that it should be sent down to Beretta in Italy for fixing, or replacing.

Eventually though, the importer decided that instead of me having to wait, they'd give me a new gun. And while going thru their inventory to find me one with a nice stock, they saw that all their 471 Silver Hawks in stock have the same gap. So now the importer's saying that the 471 is made this way intentionally...

This may be correct, but I thought I'd check around with Silver Hawk owners in other countries to see if theirs has the same little gap. If so, I guess it's supposed to be so. If not, I have to wonder if our Importer got a shipment of lemons???

Also, if this gap is standard, we'll then have to find out why cases have begun to become sticky when being ejected.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Erik

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Beretta 471 Silver Hawk problem... EricD 08/09/06 06:27 PM
. * * Re: Beretta 471 Silver Hawk problem... 338X74R   08/10/06 06:55 AM
. * * Re: Beretta 471 Silver Hawk problem... EricD   11/10/06 03:57 AM
. * * Re: Beretta 471 Silver Hawk problem... bonanza   09/09/06 10:31 AM
. * * Re: Beretta 471 Silver Hawk problem... Marrakai   09/09/06 12:49 PM
. * * Re: Beretta 471 Silver Hawk problem... bonanza   09/09/06 09:41 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4120

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com