Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: My first game ever

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Europe

cchunter
.375 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Kinna, Sweden
My first game ever
      07/01/03 07:47 AM

My first game ever.

1990 was my first hunting season, I was young and unexperienced. We were hunting roebuck in Sweden and start date is 16/8 every year.

A couple of evenings without seeing anything else than females with kids built up the exitment and this evening I had been placed on a good spot were a buck has been seen the day before. I laid down at the top of the hill and waited. Time went by and after a while my boots started to feel uncomfortable and I lifted my leg up a little to fast. 20 meters down to the left from me he stood, turned around and was away in a second. If I had waited just five more seconds to move or checked around me I would have seen him and got a perfect shot at him.

The day after I was going to make a new attempt, the leason was learned and I crawled all the way up the hill and got in position. After an hour the buck showed up fronm the forrest and iI would have the perfect opurtunity to take him if it hadn't been for the sun. Having a cheap Simmons lens on my Tikka M 30-06, made nothing visable through. The only thing I could do was to wait for the sun to dawn behind the trees. It took 15 minutes but felt like hours. Just when I culd see through the lens I let the bullet away, a little high it hit the spine and he died before he hit the ground.

--------------------

Christer Hansson

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* My first game ever cchunter 07/01/03 07:47 AM
. * * Re: My first game ever mikeh416Rigby   31/03/03 03:46 AM
. * * Re: My first game ever SafariHunt   07/01/03 11:15 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1517

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com