Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Sambar hunting - tips, techniques & strategies?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

gryphon
.450 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Sambar ground/Victoria/Austral...
Re: Sambar hunting - tips, techniques & strategies?
      19/12/03 07:29 AM

he has now gone maybe to age or someone elses bullet I'll never know but I hope he is out there rooting some hind

I GOT HIM LES YOU OLD BASTARD AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Nitro if you want easy hunting get into the `Gatta before the gates close on the queens B/day w/end mate,weather is good (generally) the deer have rubbed out (generally) and maybe even a wallow or two is touched up,you will always see deer in there (if you walk far enough) and good camps are to be had as well. I prefer to get amongst them in Aug Sept when the stags are getting into everything,walking/rubbing/wallowing/fighting/mating/ and are down low feeding primarily on the B/berries leaving sign everywhere for us dills to follow haha.
Have done much the same as Les at Eildon but its getting a real hammering these days but stags are still to be had with some luck involved..best to hunt out of a boat and walk the shoreline for marks by bulls overnight,this method is most productive as i can always find a fresh stag mark that has come off the tops overnight.Eildon can be tough on the knees mate ..its a frigging steep joint where i get about.
Sambar are all about Big R too but its mostly a real prick of a thick place unless you are right in the know.stay out of there Nitro and take either the lake or the Gatta...you never know i`m hoping for an early trip into the gatta in May myself...we might connect!
When the gates are shut its a ten or so mile walk in but it is better if you have previously made a supply dump first to hunt this way.

--------------------
Get off the chair away from the desk and get out in the bush and enjoy life.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Sambar hunting - tips, techniques & strategies? NitroXAdministrator 18/12/03 11:48 AM
. * * Re: Sambar hunting - tips, techniques & strategies? Les   18/12/03 04:38 PM
. * * Re: Sambar hunting - tips, techniques & strategies? gryphon   19/12/03 07:29 AM
. * * Re: Sambar hunting - tips, techniques & strategies? NitroXAdministrator   19/12/03 11:58 AM
. * * Re: Sambar hunting - tips, techniques & strategies? gryphon   19/12/03 05:07 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 23 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 12088

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com