Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Pennsylvania Bears-Pics

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

IronBuck
.300 member

Reged: 11/01/03
Loc: Pittsburgh PA, USA
Pennsylvania Bears-Pics
      04/12/03 12:28 AM

I just got my pictures back from my bear hunt last week. The season is only 3 days long and baiting is illegal. Putting drives on is the only real productive ways to take bears here. We were hunting public land up North. The first day we took 2 bears. Mary shot the 200 pound sow with her 7mm Rem Ultra Mag and Jimmy shot the 100 pound cub with an 06 about 3 hours later. These were the first bears for both hunters:

The second day was tough huting. Lots of drives through nasty, steep country but no bears taken. We had snow that day and found tracks but we just could not get any up and running. The last day we were down to 6 hunters. On our last drive I kicked out this 400 pound beauty but had no shot. He ran into the driver above me who shot twice but missed. He was finally dropped for good when Dale busted him through the heart as the bear ran past. He used a Model 88 lever action Winchester in 308 winchester. The bear never even gave a sign of being hit! Dale found blood and we found teh bear about 90 yards away.......down a VERY steep hill of course. The drag out was a tough but happy problem to have We took him to the check station to be registered and weighed and then to the garage and hung him next to Mary's 200 pound sow. We had a great hunt!

We had some HUGE black bears taken this year in PA. Several over 700 pounds, the largest weighed in at 739 pounds! Many were over 600 pounds. I could not even imagine dragging those monsters out!

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Pennsylvania Bears-Pics IronBuck 04/12/03 12:28 AM
. * * Re: Pennsylvania Bears-Pics AspenHill   04/12/03 02:22 AM
. * * Re: Pennsylvania Bears-Pics IronBuck   04/12/03 02:52 AM
. * * Re: Pennsylvania Bears-Pics IronBuck   06/12/03 06:23 AM
. * * Re: Pennsylvania Bears-Pics AspenHill   06/12/03 09:32 AM
. * * Re: Pennsylvania Bears-Pics mikeh416Rigby   09/12/03 01:08 PM
. * * Re: Pennsylvania Bears-Pics IronBuck   06/12/03 01:28 PM
. * * Re: Pennsylvania Bears-Pics NitroXAdministrator   06/12/03 02:55 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1555

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com