Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Magazine follower for Left Hand .375H&H M70?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Big Bore Rifles

Gadge
.300 member

Reged: 02/05/04
Loc: Gippsland, Victoria, Australia
Re: Magazine follower for Left Hand .375H&H M70?
      15/02/06 07:28 PM

Yep, the Williams has worked well for me. Wider choice of material and finishes, too. Not that Jim Wisner makes any rubbish, either.

I ordered my extractors before Williams set up their online ordering [quote by e-mail, faxed C/card details], so I was dealing direct with Matt W. I requested them sent by USPS Global Priority Mail [this is for items up to 4 lbs], and that was no problem then - cost US$9.00. They use UPS as their preferred carrier now, I see.

It'll be interesting to see the opinions on Matt Williams' action [including LH variants] , if he ever gets it into production. It was supposed to be on display at the Las Vegas SHOT show this month, but Williams Firearms Co were a no-show.

Guess he has serious business viability worries, with the Winchester plant closure announcement - he supplies USRAC with their one-piece steel bottom metal, as on your rifle, and some other bits. Including his extractors, for the most recent M70 production runs.

How's the bore on your rifle? Mine is very rough on the top of the lands - had to get some Wipe Out to get the copper out. Sweets patches were still coming out blue after about 6 of them! Am currently trying the benchresters' 'shoot one, clean' to run it in - if that doesn't work I'll have to lap it [ugh].

There have been only two batches of these LH .375's produced - mine was from the first batch, which had a lot of QC issues. Asked Frank O'Reilly's about problems with this batch recently, and they said there were a lot - rings on bolt faces, misaligned scope mount screw holes, and of course the bores.

--------------------
Cheers,
Doug

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Magazine follower for Left Hand .375H&H M70? RLI 12/02/06 04:03 PM
. * * Re: Magazine follower for Left Hand .375H&H M70? Gadge   14/02/06 06:34 AM
. * * Re: Magazine follower for Left Hand .375H&H M70? RLI   14/02/06 07:10 AM
. * * Re: Magazine follower for Left Hand .375H&H M70? Gadge   15/02/06 07:28 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 55 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2165

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com