Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Captive breeding programme for pheasants in Pakist

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Asia

navigrewal
.224 member

Reged: 10/02/06
Re: Captive breeding programme for pheasants in Pakist
      11/02/06 03:46 AM

Hi Mehul
Yes all we have are memories and I remember night time safari ride( Matador van with serach light and drunk guide) in sanctuary near Nagpur Maharashtra (cant recall the name), saw droves of deer, wild buffaloes, machans of some ex raja, aliagors/ gharials on bank of lake ( open mouths) and most of all the reflecting eyes of leopard caught in beam of search light.

Sorry first time here so mistakenly posted unedited message but Point I was trying to make is that maintaining wildlife is multi prong strategy starting from environment to curbing poaching.
To clarify couple of things One of the link in my earlier post is for decreasing wetlands due to encroachment. The vultures population is decreasing due to vet drug called diclofenac a vets asprin for livestock which causes renal failure in this sturdy bird

Another thing I made an incorrect general comment regarding increase in cancer instances I meant to say health issues but there is an ongoing study focused on cancer within a cotton growing belt of Punjab viz use of pesticides and study is still inconclusive so jury is still out on that hypothesis .
But enough literature has been published on negative effect of toxicity on faun and flora and general health of human beings.
That all said the current CM of Punjab Capt Amarinder Singh is ex Maharaja of Patiala an avid shooter and definitely possesses one of greatest gun collection in India. He has acknowledged this issue of decreasing wildlife and has initiated some programs regarding this. All this is depends how the governments plans and executes.

The most ardent wild life conservators in India are ex hunters namely ornithologist Dr Salim Ali (http://www.geocities.com/rs_suresh/salim.html) and then Billy Arjun Singh better known for his work onTigers in Dhudhwa National park.

Cheers
navi

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Captive breeding programme for pheasants in Pakist mehulkamdar 22/05/05 02:04 PM
. * * Re: Captive breeding programme for pheasants in Pakist iqbal   23/05/05 01:37 AM
. * * Re: Captive breeding programme for pheasants in Pakist mehulkamdar   23/05/05 10:21 AM
. * * Re: Captive breeding programme for pheasants in Pakist navigrewal   11/02/06 01:13 AM
. * * Re: Captive breeding programme for pheasants in Pakist mehulkamdar   11/02/06 03:34 AM
. * * Re: Captive breeding programme for pheasants in Pakist navigrewal   11/02/06 03:46 AM
. * * Re: Captive breeding programme for pheasants in Pakist Boghossian   23/05/05 05:12 AM
. * * Re: Captive breeding programme for pheasants in Pakist iqbal   24/05/05 01:01 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3259

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com