Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Pros and cons

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

ChopperGuy
.224 member

Reged: 30/12/04
Loc: Northern Minnesota
Re: Pros and cons
      08/02/06 01:30 AM

Foxfire:

I am also left handed and I've owned my 2 Krieghoff Classics for a while now and used them in NA and Africa. I love the way they shoot and the long range accuracy is more than I ever really hoped for.

I have the Big Five in 500/416 and 9.3x74R and a standard classic in .30-06.

I purchased the 500/414 used from a gent that had already taken it to Mozambique for a Cape buff hunt. I even have a professional video of this rifle taking his buff, a hippo, wart hog and bush pig. I have not used these barrels hunting yet, but will in September on buff at a spot very near where the rifle has already hunted in the same country. I sent it to Krieghoff and had the 9.3 barrels added last summer.

I used the 9.3 barrels deer hunting this year here in MN. Took 4 whitetails with 3 shots. Great fun and very acurate. I have these barrels scoped with a Kahles 1.1-4 30mm scope.

My .30-06 Classic went to Africa last summer on a PG hunt and was a joy to shoot. It then wore the Kahles that is now on my 9.3 barrels and accounted for several head of game up to a laser verified 210 meters. I've switched this one to a 1.5-6 Kahles 30mm to give me a better look at longer ranges since I know the rifle is capable of shooting there.

I can recommend that you practice with your rifle...a lot. I've been shooting single shot rifles, Blaser rifles,and double shotguns most of my life so the safety has never been an issue to me and is very natural.

Great combo you have, enjoy it, And as like stated above you are ready to go any where for most any hunt.

I wish Krieghoff made a smaller caliber, say 6.5x57R, for the Classic. I'd love a smaller caliber on my '06 rifle. The 7mm is just too close to the '06 for my liking.

--------------------
"If you are in trouble, an airplane can fly over and throw you flowers, while a helicopter can land and save your life" Igor Sikorsky 1947

Edited by ChopperGuy (08/02/06 01:31 AM)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Pros and cons EzineAdministrator 05/02/06 06:47 PM
. * * Re: Pros and cons foxfire   08/02/06 12:02 AM
. * * Re: Pros and cons ChopperGuy   08/02/06 01:30 AM
. * * Re: Pros and cons JPK   08/02/06 12:16 AM
. * * Re: Pros and cons foxfire   08/02/06 12:45 AM
. * * Re: Pros and cons Chasseur   06/02/06 02:14 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 78 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1823

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com