Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Hammer Gun trends; Nitro & Black Question

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

iwantadouble
.300 member

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: Gallatin County, Montana
Re: Hammer Gun trends; Nitro & Black Question
      22/01/06 05:17 PM

Thank you for your opinions. That Holland is under what I had guestimated the values at. I was thinking roughly double, but of course, the Holland is also used and/or abused, so I might have been closer than I give myself credit for being.

While my double experience is very limited, I have come to one opinion that continues to ring through my mind. Your Purdey is an example of why the Purdey namesake is the only one I place any major importance over in regards to the field of doubles. There are doubles made by so and so and its quality ranges from not so good to great. And then there are Purdeys. Simply amazing rifle! I think your Woodward is stunning, and while it is like comparing apples and oranges, the Purdey tops it.

I would have never noticed the barrel distortion of the photograph had you not mentioned it. The case was the last thing I was looking at, and is the only real indication that there is a distortion to the photo.

--------------------
500 is a nice round number, either followed by "Nitro Express" or by "cubic inch displacement".

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Hammer Gun trends; Nitro & Black Question iwantadouble 20/01/06 02:32 PM
. * * Re: Hammer Gun trends; Nitro & Black Question CptCurlAdministrator   20/01/06 10:57 PM
. * * Re: Hammer Gun trends; Nitro & Black Question iwantadouble   22/01/06 05:17 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 87 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2381

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com