Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Drilling with sleeved small calibur rifle barrel

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Single Shots & Combination Guns

Chasseur
.375 member

Reged: 18/11/03
Loc: Hunting classic Indian game!
Re: Drilling with sleeved small calibur rifle barrel
      19/12/05 01:11 PM

PF:
I've seen many older drillings with the rifles barrels already sleaved to some small bore caliber (22 of some sort, or an old Western caliber like 32 something). I bet a lot of war trophies came back to the US and metric rimmed ammunition was not availible so they had the rifle barrels sleaved. They should not be too hard to find. In fact I have the opposite problem I'd like an older drilling but with the larger rifle caliber and many of the ones I've seen were sleaved!! Take a look at Gunsamerica.

Edit:

Pheasantfinder I am sorry I misunderstood your post abit. You are asking about sleeving a drilling, rather than finding one with a sleeved barrel. Oops. Sure its possible. Though my inclination is to leave the existing drillings in their original caliber, but to each their own with their own guns. Have you thought of a combination gun? I've seen some with 222 rifle barrels if memory serves me correctly. Just a thought.

--------------------
In regards to action he should devote himself to hunting...
-Machiavelli

Edited by Chasseur (19/12/05 02:27 PM)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Drilling with sleeved small calibur rifle barrel pheasantfinder 19/12/05 12:27 PM
. * * Re: Drilling with sleeved small calibur rifle barrel Robie   20/12/05 06:23 AM
. * * Re: Drilling with sleeved small calibur rifle barrel luv2safari   19/12/05 04:35 PM
. * * Re: Drilling with sleeved small calibur rifle barrel trmungle   19/12/05 06:40 PM
. * * Re: Drilling with sleeved small calibur rifle barrel luv2safari   20/12/05 06:24 AM
. * * Re: Drilling with sleeved small calibur rifle barrel davem3   19/12/05 02:43 PM
. * * Re: Drilling with sleeved small calibur rifle barrel pheasantfinder   19/12/05 04:18 PM
. * * Re: Drilling with sleeved small calibur rifle barrel Chasseur   19/12/05 01:11 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Huvius 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3160

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com