Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Wildboar hunt recommendations for Europe

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Europe

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Wildboar hunt recommendations for Europe
      07/06/24 11:11 AM

There are several members on here I'm sure would have some information. One person in particular. I'm not sure what the politics of his country is. I'm not sure why what is relevant?

NE members might take some days to drop in, and if they see this thread or not.

Euro hunters often hunt boar, not through an outfitter, but through their own hunting rights rented forests and lands. I've never hunted directly hunted European boar. But have been interested. Would be looking for an invitation to join acquaintances, friends in France, Germany if there at the right season. I have been invited to hunt in Bavaria, a couple of times. A French friend OWES me a hunt. I just need to be there at the right time!

Boar hunting is often done by attending drives. Groups of men and dogs, pushing boars towards lines of shooters. The hunters needing to be good running shots and also be able to identify the sex and maybe age ranges of the running boars. I'm a bit paranoid of shooting the wrong beast e.g. a breeding boar sow.

I have hunted boar from a hochsitz by being invited to join with the hotel owner to hunt with him from one night. During the Heym International Challenge, to which I was invited due to NitroExpress.com . We didn't see any boar, maybe one. Some foxes. Maybe a shot at a boar? I forget. We didn't get anything. Was interesting to see what was done and experiencing it. I remember Max (?) used night vision optics, had a camera mounted to aim through the scopes. The shot was taken aiming with the small TV screen mounted beside the scope. New stuff for me. His hochsitz was a large horse float. Two floors, the upper floor the hochsitz. Care needed to be taken as it was a bit noisy.

Another of our members attended shoots as a guest himself of a German Baron. Big elaborate affairs. I met the Baron/Freiherr during a trip. S, our member had a small herd of wild boar himself in his Swedish forest.

I've hunted in Europe a half dozen times. I've Always borrowed a loan rifle or shotgun.

Sorry I can't assist really with a European outfitter or booking agent.

Good luck.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Wildboar hunt recommendations for Europe carpediem4570 01/06/24 10:44 AM
. * * Re: Wildboar hunt recommendations for Europe carpediem4570   07/06/24 08:29 AM
. * * Re: Wildboar hunt recommendations for Europe NitroXAdministrator   07/06/24 11:11 AM
. * * Re: Wildboar hunt recommendations for Europe 93mouse   07/06/24 06:40 PM
. * * Re: Wildboar hunt recommendations for Europe NitroXAdministrator   07/06/24 11:05 PM
. * * Re: Wildboar hunt recommendations for Europe DarylS   08/06/24 12:51 AM
. * * Re: Wildboar hunt recommendations for Europe 85lc   09/06/24 02:16 AM
. * * Re: Wildboar hunt recommendations for Europe DarylS   07/06/24 10:44 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 627

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com