Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: I have posted this to warn all about this fraudulent seller

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Big Bore Rifles

Huvius
.416 member

Reged: 04/11/07
Loc: Colorado
Re: I have posted this to warn all about this fraudulent seller
      09/03/24 02:51 AM

https://support.gunbroker.com/hc/en-us/articles/224766967-Buyer-s-Protection-Program

The item is most certainly “materially different than the description” so I’d think that the buyer has some recourse.

I realize that the buyer is not too knowledgeable about Mauser, but the photos clearly show that this is not a magnum action and also show the modifications that it had suffered.
Although the action length isn’t ll that easy to discern, one can see that it does not have a straddle floorplate, which all magnums have.
Another help in determining the difference is where the front action screw is in relation to the receiver ring.
The screw threads into the lug on the bottom of the receiver ring. On standard actions, this lug is just forward of the vertical midline of the receiver ring. On a magnum length action, the lug is behind the midline of the receiver ring.
It is easier to tell when the rifle has a crossbolt in the stock because the crossbolt is directly behind the lug (where it does its job dissipating recoil). On a standard action, the crossbolt is close to centered under the receiver ring. On a magnum, the crossbolt will be very close to centered under the rear edge of the receiver ring just in front of the magazine.

I’m pretty sure we discussed all of this at length here on Nitro Express some years ago.

All of that said, this seller is epithet a crook, an idiot, or that special combination of both.

Here’s the ad:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1034173843

--------------------
He who lives in the past is doomed to enjoy it.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I have posted this to warn all about this fraudulent seller buckstix 28/02/24 03:45 AM
. * * Re: I have posted this to warn all about this fraudulent seller buckstix   08/03/24 06:06 AM
. * * Re: I have posted this to warn all about this fraudulent seller NitroXAdministrator   08/03/24 03:22 PM
. * * Re: I have posted this to warn all about this fraudulent seller buckstix   09/03/24 01:50 AM
. * * Re: I have posted this to warn all about this fraudulent seller Huvius   09/03/24 02:51 AM
. * * Re: I have posted this to warn all about this fraudulent seller buckstix   09/03/24 04:44 AM
. * * Re: I have posted this to warn all about this fraudulent seller NitroXAdministrator   09/03/24 03:34 PM
. * * Re: I have posted this to warn all about this fraudulent seller NitroXAdministrator   09/03/24 03:41 PM
. * * Re: I have posted this to warn all about this fraudulent seller LRF   09/03/24 10:17 PM
. * * Re: I have posted this to warn all about this fraudulent seller Huvius   09/03/24 11:23 AM
. * * Re: I have posted this to warn all about this fraudulent seller 93x64mm   10/03/24 07:20 AM
. * * Re: I have posted this to warn all about this fraudulent seller buckstix   20/04/24 11:29 PM
. * * Re: I have posted this to warn all about this fraudulent seller 85lc   21/04/24 02:45 AM
. * * Re: I have posted this to warn all about this fraudulent seller buckstix   21/04/24 02:49 AM
. * * Re: I have posted this to warn all about this fraudulent seller Rule303   21/04/24 09:42 AM
. * * Re: I have posted this to warn all about this fraudulent seller DarylS   21/04/24 09:53 AM
. * * Re: I have posted this to warn all about this fraudulent seller NitroXAdministrator   21/04/24 03:12 PM
. * * Re: I have posted this to warn all about this fraudulent seller CptCurlAdministrator   22/04/24 12:01 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 878

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com